503 Service Unavailable

amcayham / 2019-03-18 04:32:55   

Hi! I am getting this message when I try to go to or log into my site:

"Service Unavailable. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I updated with the new indexhibit files per the instructions but am still receiving this error. No one on the Godaddy side of things seems able to help me. Any ideas? The site is a-hamilton.com

Vaska A / 2019-03-18 09:14:02   

I would guess that your database connection is wrong or you have a file somewhere in your stack that wasn't fully uploaded. It can happen...ftp isn't perfect. And, unless you are skilled at using the error logs, hard to track down. I would reupload the files, starting with the /ndxzstudio/ folder and /ndxzsite/config/config.php (making sure the connection info is correct.

I have seen on sites that are very old, when updating, that database connection strings are completely changed and need to updated in the webhost interface. Yes, very annoying, but it's probably not bad security, too.

Vaska A / 2019-03-20 16:29:45   

I helped her with this - the database connection had been changed by the host.

This thread has been closed, thank you.