shadowbox no longer working after upgrade to Indexhibit 2

cg / 2019-03-23 09:43:36   

Hi,

After upgrading to Indexhibit 2, even the most simple shadowbox HTML Markup no longer works… For example:

test

All worked perfectly on my website with the previous version of Indexhibit.
Here are the steps I followed after upgrading (and updating themes and exhibits formats for Indexhibit 2 as per step-by-step tutorial page on indexhibit.org):

In the following files:
/ndxz-studio/module/index.php
/ndxsite/default/index.php

I put right after :

Shadowbox.init({
handleOversize: "drag",
modal: true
});

And just before the closing 'body' tag, I added the following:

As shadowbox was not working, I downloaded the new version of shadowbox and put the whole shadowbox folder into /ndxzsite/css/
Shadowbox is still not working.

Have I missed something obvious?
Has anyone else encountered this problem and managed to solve it?

Vaska A / 2019-03-23 13:04:06   

What is Shadowbox? It wasn't created by Indexhibit.

Vaska A / 2019-03-23 13:09:11   

Oh, it's that. Somebody adapted it for an exhibit format...obviously they never updated it.

You can use Visual Index with Overlay and it's somehwhat the same (looks a little different). But, it does handle video. Also, instead of Overlay you can also use Permalink - which is very nice if people want to link directly to an image or video.

cg / 2019-03-25 10:26:03   

Hi Vaska,

Thank you for your prompt answer.

It took me a little while, but I managed to get there:

With the 'Visual Index' format and with ‘overlay’ as on-click, I made it work thanks to the clever 'attach cover' option to individual thumbnails you devised:
- to the first uploaded image, I attached the clickable image I wanted to be visible on a particular Exhibit page.
- to each of the other uploaded images, I attached a ‘white’ image (to make the corresponding thumbnails “disappear” on my white background).

I then edited the /ndxzsite/config/options.php file to add more Thumbnail Max Size options so that the visible image on my Exhibit page is of the same width that the text.

Then on the Admin / Formats / Visual Index Options page, I set ‘grid’ to 'center/top’ so that the visible image on my Exhibit page is close to the text...

Still experimenting with titles and captions, but I thought it would be good to share this convoluted fix, even if, in hindsight, this seems to be a bit obvious.

Vaska A / 2019-03-25 16:28:01   

It's not a 'convoluted fix'. It's how you get more and consistent options from v1 to v2. Yes, it is obvious.

This thread has been closed, thank you.