filesource class not found

oscarito / 2012-05-31 06:16:51   

Hello,

I'm doing a new test install of v2. I followed all steps of the tutorial, and everything seems to have gone well, but, when I try to add the firs exhibit I can't: I receive a "filesource class not found" message. If I try to "edit" a section, I receive the same error. I upload the files and create the database twice. Both times same error.

What could be the problem?

Vaska A / 2012-05-31 12:07:48   

You are missing a file - reupload the /ndxzstudio/lib/ folder...

oscarito / 2012-05-31 13:49:37   

Hi Vaska :) I uploaded that folder again, but... still don't work :-/

I still can't add exhibits. Well, actually I can add them to the /ndxzstudio/?a=exhibits list, but I can't edit them after, nor add images or text. When I clic "edit" I see that "filesource class..." message. I can edit sections in ndxzstudio/?a=system, however.

If I visit my site, i see this message: "Not Found. The requested file was not found."

I installed this indexhibit 2 in /root/test. In /root I have another indexhibit 0.7x...

Vaska A / 2012-05-31 15:05:20   

This is a new install? To a new database?

I think you should reupload and reinstall - the problem you are having indicates that something is missing but it's hard to tell where.

oscarito / 2012-05-31 15:48:13   

Yes, all new, in a new subfolder. I did that two times... I'll give a third try tonight. Thank you Vaska.

Vaska A / 2012-05-31 15:50:37   

The subfolder has nothing to do with this...

The root of the filesource has two orgininations, the /ndxzstudio/default.php file and also a column from the table - one of those two things is not right.

oscarito / 2012-05-31 18:55:18   

Hi again. I tried one more time, following all the steps in the tutorial caaarefully, creating a new database, a new folder, even downloading again the cms from this web, etc, and the same message appears: filesource class not found.

So I compared both /ndxzstudio/default.php archives, the one from my hard disk and the other in the host, and both have the same number of characters... then they are identical, I guess. The other thing you mention, a column from the table, I really don't know how could I check if it's ok or not... I even don't know where it is. Could I do something about this point?

Or... could be a server problem? Should I ask the managers of the server?

{:-|

Vaska A / 2012-05-31 18:56:55   

Oscarito, I would like to look at this...can I login in to your stuff?

FTP
Indexhibit login
Database

contact [at] indexhibit [dot] org

;)

oscarito / 2012-05-31 19:11:32   

Message sent.
Thanks a lot! :-)

oscarito / 2012-06-06 09:46:43   

As Vaska said here: indexhibit.org/forum/thread/15409/ it's a databases's collation thing... you must change the collation in a couple of tables... as the problem seems to affect the spanish coding, and ranci0 is spanish, I`ll answer in spanish, if you do not mind –I'm slow in english :-)

ranci0, yo también estoy en cdmon. No sé qué pasos concretos hay que dar para solucionar el problema (en mi caso Vaska entró directamente en la base de datos y lo dejó arreglado sin saber yo exactamente qué pasos dio) pero te puedo dar algún dato más para que vayas afinando: tienes que entrar en tu phpMyAdmin y en la base de datos del indexhibit 2. Verás que ahí hay una tabla, la última columna es "cotejamiento" y en todas las filas pone "latin1_spanish_ci". Bien, pues en el caso de las filas "xxx_objects" y "xxx_objects_prefs" (y Vaska dice en el hilo enlazado arriba que en "_media.media_ref_type", pero eso yo no lo veo en mi BBDD...) hay que cambiar el cotejamiento de "latin1_spanish_ci" a "utf8_unicode_ci". ¿Cómo? No sé. No sé cuál es el paso a paso. Quizá alguien del foro sepa exactamente cómo... si no, tendrás que husmear un poco por los menúes o manuales de phpMyAdmin... Una vez cambiado eso, va como la seda. Suerte :-)

Evidenti / 2012-08-07 17:23:51   

Same problem here, and problem solved! Thank you guys!

This thread has been closed, thank you.