embedding tumblr blog

brookeberger / 2012-07-26 11:44:42   

I have been reading this thread here: indexhibit.org/forum/thread/15245/.

Still having some trouble embedding my blog using Iframe. I created an index link that calls my tumblr blog. When clicked, nothing appears.
I downloaded the file linked above a couple of posts called "exhibits.index.php" and uploaded it to the /ndxzstudio/module/exhibits/index.php. Am i supposed to rename the "exhibits.index.php" file to "index.php". Replacing the old "index.php" file. ? When I do this, i get errors when trying to log in/out ndxzstudio.
I currently have the original index.php file and just have the file "exhibits.index.php" in that folder.
It wasn't working either way. Seems simple, I must just be missing something??!! Help :) :) Thanks!
Here's the page because-co.com/index.php/project/tumblr/

brookeberger / 2012-07-31 14:06:29   

Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks so much!

jonathangrevsen / 2012-08-05 07:39:44   

Did you sort this out. I did once - will try and help you if you still need it.

BS6_Photography / 2012-08-05 21:47:12   

Hello, I am having an issue with the iframe also........

bs6photography.info/info/blog/
(forum is not letting me create a ling for some reason)

How do I stop the iframe page coming up small in the top left corner? How do I make it seamless with in the page??

I am going crazy about this as I remember it working fine in the old version of Indexhibit!!

Cheers

Vaska A / 2012-08-05 21:56:14   

Which version are you using bs6? You can check in the lower right corner of the studio...

BS6_Photography / 2012-08-05 21:59:04   

Hey Vaska,

I'm using V2, I have looked at a few other threads and checked a few pages to see what code they are using but I can't figure it out!!

Vaska A / 2012-08-05 22:04:58   

Hmmm...you are using v2.0.1 (the newest). I'm surprised this is having issue - my guess is that there is a javascript conflict. I can't look at this now though (Sunday dinner time). I'll look tommorrow morning...

BS6_Photography / 2012-08-05 22:11:29   

Hahahaha, cheers Vaska, enjoy your dinner!!

Vaska A / 2012-08-05 22:26:49   

I can see it - it's a problem with Indexpand. I'll definitely look into this and post a change quickly...

BS6_Photography / 2012-08-05 23:37:02   

Bingo, disabling Indexpand has sorted the issue. Thank you!! I have been thinking to myself about why I used Indexpand instead of expanding menus as to me they pretty much do the same thing. I guess I like the fact you can close the sections by clicking on them with Indexpand, good for if viewers feel a bit OCD with the menu and want to tidy it up!! Cheers again

Vaska A / 2012-08-05 23:38:34   

Because expanding menus have been renamed to Indexpand and given more features. They (expanding menus) will not be updated in the future...

BS6_Photography / 2012-08-06 00:01:51   

So its like a super cool version of expanding menus!! Yeeeeeaaah!!

MrMucho / 2012-09-03 18:37:54   

embedding tumblr blog for V2 is how close ?

Konovalov / 2012-09-03 19:14:25   

I'm using indexpand AND a tumblr for my news and it perfectly fits.
Here is the code i'm using:
< iframe src='gafsou.tumblr.com/' frameborder='0' id='iframed' height=4000 width=800 align=left >

linuesa / 2012-09-06 01:13:21   

It works for me!
Konovaloc, there is a way to autoadjust the size of the iframe to the size of the tumbrl ?

winnith / 2012-10-12 03:18:12   

is this using the iframe plugin from the legacy version? I used your line of code and it's still not showing up for me.

winnithcuts.com
(photoBLOG)

winnith / 2012-10-22 16:11:22   

ok. I found the solution to my problem.

Refer to this thread:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/15776/

I could not save the iframe script because my host had mod security that blocked my scripts. I talked to them and they were able to whitelist them.

ianazariah / 2012-10-26 02:07:21   

hey I am also running indexpand and seem to be having a simal "appears tiny in the top left corner" issue. i am trying to figure out where to place the iframe code to make it work

thanks anyone who can help

arsondpi / 2012-10-26 07:07:29   

You just type it in the main text box of your exhibit - switch Proccess HTML to Off (the P button on the right corner above the main text box)

* ianazariah please avoid double posting as this won't be helping out others looking for a similar issue in the future... :-)

kbo / 2012-11-22 20:50:57   

Hi
I've just moved over to indexhibit 2 and I'm struggling to work out something very simple which I could do easily on the old version.

I want to have my tumblr blog as the first thing you see when you first go to my website. The problem it seems is I can only add the iframe code to an exhibit and not a section. Also the first page that opens is the website name and it doesn't look like I can add any code to that or get rid of it.

Hopefully this is a simple fix as I'm not terribly confident with html.
Please help! It's driving me crazy!

arsondpi / 2012-11-22 21:44:53   

well you can make any exhibit into your main page via Page Options...
second of all did you try switching off the text proccess (The P button above the text area)

*please do not double post as this may confuse others when trying to find a solution to an issue similar to yours.

atweeddale / 2012-11-23 23:09:15   

i've also been trying to do the same and unsure exactly where to put the resizing code to make this work. if i have embedded my tumblr by creating an indexlink there seems to be no place to put text in the exhibit. i can see how you would do this in a regular exhibit but not in an index link.

Vaska A / 2012-11-24 10:26:36   

Why would you need to put both text and use an iframe (for Tumblr)? The purpose of the iframe (index link) is to show, as large as possible, content via an iframe - there is no room for text.

It wasn't designed to work that way...

This thread has been closed, thank you.