Indexpand for dummies?

pbyrneswork / 2012-07-27 03:17:06   

Hello, I am looking to get Indexpand working on my site, but I can't seem to find anything online to help. There are some posts about installing and setting up expanding menus, but I am having a bit of trouble translating that into Indexhibit 2.0 and the Indexpand UI.

I have it enabled on my site, and have uploaded jquery.indexpand.js, plugin.indexpand.php and the new index.php but past that I can't seem to figure it out. Would anyone mind giving me a quick tutorial to get me started, or pointing me in the direction of one?

My website is p-byrnes.com

Thank you for your time!

arsondpi / 2012-07-27 04:09:58   

Click Admin->Plugins and then click Options for the Indexpand plugin.
You can set options there - play around to see what happens (although these options are quite simple)

pbyrneswork / 2012-07-27 04:35:02   

Thanks for the quick response arsondpi! It is pretty embarrassing, but my fix was much simpler than even that. For some reason I failed to notice the "create" link in the upper right hand corner which let me an exhibit or and index link. It was index links that I needed to create to exist inside the individual section, where I set a link to an existing exhibit.

This is the correct way of adding in exhibits to sections, correct?

arsondpi / 2012-07-27 04:41:30   

yep! :-)

pbyrneswork / 2012-07-27 04:43:12   

...Or I just create an exhibit within the section.

7 / 2012-10-12 17:08:34   

I know its not officially released, but does anyone have Indexpand working with a submenu? I've just been mucking around with it.
For the Indexpand I've got it working but only with the "hover" selection where it will open and go to both the parent page and the submenu page.

"On Click" opens the submenu but won't go to either page.

But yeah, just messing around really.

Vaska A / 2012-10-12 18:50:31   

I thought I had it working with submenus already to be honest - but this is part of the reason why submenus aren't a feature yet - there are many details to check first.

;)

JeanMichel / 2012-11-06 20:23:56   

Hey I am a super-novice at website building and I'm trying to create hover-over menus like the ones on this site: linuesa.net/index.php/graphic/victor-salvatti-lp/

I downloaded Indexpand and put the two files into the proper folders, but I do not see the plugin in the plugin menu on my Admin page (and I am using Indexhibit 2.0.1)
I'm stuck and I don't know enough to tinker and creatively solve the problem.
my site is jeanmisch.com

Thanks for your help and for setting up this forum !!

Vaska A / 2012-11-06 20:27:33   

Admin > Plugins > Indexhibit (options)

What you need is there. ;)

JeanMichel / 2012-11-06 20:44:20   

I'm not seeing Indexhibit nor Indexpand under Installed Plugins or Available plugins. I disabled the Expanding menus plugin, but do i need to remove it completely from the ndxzsite/plugin and ndxzsite/js folders?

Vaska A / 2012-11-06 21:11:11   

You need to install it - it's on the plugins page.

JeanMichel / 2012-11-06 21:53:13   

This is what my Plugin page looks like: localhost/Users/prblmchld911/Desktop/…
What am I not seeing?

JeanMichel / 2012-11-06 21:55:58   

that link prob wont work, but I just don't see the word "Indexpand" anywhere on the page that says "Plugin" under Admin. I've rechecked and triple checked the folders. It says "Available Plugins for Installation" and nothing says "indexhibit"
I'm really sorry that this is so basic...I'm just getting frustrated b/c it doesn't seem like it should be that hard but I'm so new to this

JeanMichel / 2012-11-06 21:56:31   

**nothing says "indexpand" under "Available Plugins for Installation"

JeanMichel / 2012-11-06 22:01:38   

i just deleted the Indexpand files, redownloaded them and then placed them back into the folders and I still don't see anything in the Plugin menu

JeanMichel / 2012-11-06 22:27:10   

resolved it...i think i just need to upload the files directly to my server's file manager instead of through the ftp client

Vaska A / 2012-11-07 00:40:18   

Great!

This thread has been closed, thank you.