google engine protected link.

sakusaku / 2012-10-25 12:26:57   

Hi,
I have a question how to keep the google engine protected server while working on the website? I have URL of claudialinders.nl . Once you put this link, it goes to the google engine. I would like to keep this while I am making the website for her. would it be possible?? if so, how?? please help.

Vaska A / 2012-10-25 13:29:39   

I've never heard of the "google engine protected server" - I'm not sure what this has to do with the website.

sakusaku / 2012-10-25 19:04:30   

Probably it does not call in that way. I mean if you click the link above it will show the list including the word of "claudialinders", but usually shows not found/error if the site does not exist or while making the site and not publish yet. My question is that if people can still see the list while making the site in indexhibit or start showing not found/error?

arsondpi / 2012-10-25 21:07:28   

Well you can use a robots.txt file to exclude certain web engines from searching your site...
If you don't want people visiting your site until you're ready then use this plugin: indexhibit.org/plugin/utility/site-password/

sakusaku / 2012-10-29 08:23:05   

Thank you Arsondpi, i do not want people to visit my site but want them to see the list on the google engine like this when then click the following link; claudialinders.nl.

I will look up the robots.txt if it can help.

Thank you again.

sakusaku / 2012-10-30 12:40:10   

Hi again,

I looked up the robots.txt... but i do not think this will solve my problem.

Once i register her domain name in cyberduck, then it will start showing the process of the indexhibit site, isn't? or I can use the plugin posted by arsondpiA to not to show to public.

But if i want people to see the list included the words of claudialinders on the google engine, then what shall i do?? Right now if you click below link, claudialinders.nlit shows the list as i have not start making the website yet. In order to start i have to register her domain name on the cybercuk, and i am afraid this list on the google engine will not appear while making the site.

I am sorry for asking again and again. i am not familiar to mkaing website and have a question on each step i do... I appreciate for any advice and comments. Thank you.

Vaska A / 2012-10-30 12:53:03   

I don't know how you setup the Google engine like that in the first place - do you know how it was done?

This thread has been closed, thank you.