Video

florenced / 2012-10-30 10:14:14   

Is the only way to embed video in your indexhibit site via Vimeo?
I have searched and searched youtube videos and the forum but can't find how to do it with html5 player.

Vaska A / 2012-10-30 10:15:20   

You can upload .mov files under 2mb.

All the players, Youtube, Vimeo, .mov (uploaded), are html5 players.

florenced / 2012-10-30 10:48:51   

Thanks, I have tried this but the thumbnails just appear as grey tiles and the videos don't play expandingfieldslive.org. Do i just use the upload option in the exhibit menu? do they use the jwplayer.js to play?
Sorry if my questions don't make much sense I am very new to this and trying to learn as best and fast as i can.
Thanks

Vaska A / 2012-10-30 11:01:30   

Because you need to attach 'cover art' to videos you upload - the tools are there for doing that.

Yes, it's the JWPlayer - we bought a license so we could distribute it with Indexhibit.

Vaska A / 2012-10-30 11:05:10   

I think your videos are not encoded properly. You need to output them in a particular way - Pau has posted info about this around the forum in the past.

I guess we should write our own official tutorial about video outputs - it would help folks.

Vaska A / 2012-10-30 11:06:49   

Also, I wonder if the uppercase name of the file (Cally.mov) is causing a problem. Try changing the name to cally.mov and reupload...

There are a couple small quirks with uppercase in url's that I've been researching. When lowercase, things are fine (but I'm not totally sure that's the problem here).

florenced / 2012-10-30 18:42:51   

I don't think I am doing the right thing - I followed this thread (although got quite confused towards the end) indexhibit.org/forum/thread/3155/
and tried to upload my exported quicktime files to my FTP (cyberduck) but the upload is still working and has been going for 7 hours, surely this isn't right. Is this the right thing to do - or am I still exporting the video in the wrong way?

I also have a couple of questions about layout/design/style should i ask here or start a new thread in customisations? Thanks for all your help - you are very patient!

This thread has been closed, thank you.