How to upload image?

maribo / 2012-11-02 17:13:48   

Hi,
I'm trying to upload my first images to my site and it's not working.
At first, it said "error file is too big" even if the image size was under 1mb.

I tried with a 72kb image size, I don't have the message error but nothing happen. The name of the file appear but it's not uploading and the upload box stay open.

I have read a lot of post on this forum without finding anything. I have changed all permissions to 777 in filezilla, and followed the steps of indexhibit installation well (I think!).

My site: marieevebeaulieu.com (but has nothing in it...)

Thanks

tomordoyno / 2012-11-02 17:21:21   

i've had this problem before - remedied it by selection to save it as 8 (medium - high) quality image in photoshop.

maribo / 2012-11-02 17:37:02   

Thanks tomordoyno, but I don't think it's a size file problem...
In Photoshop I saved my images in 72 dpi, Medium Jpeg option. A file with a size of 100ko doesn't upload. I though Indexhibit was simple!

Vaska A / 2012-11-02 17:38:59   

It is pretty simple - no need to talk like that around here. The point of this forum is to ask questions and get help with problems...

Do you get any error messages? What happens when you click on the upload button? Which browser are you using? Are you sure that your permissions are correct?

maribo / 2012-11-02 18:11:05   

Sorry Vaska, just a bit tired... thanks for answer me back.

First it was an "Error file is too big" with an image of 500kb. So I choose a very small image, around 100kb (the quality is really poor...), just to find out if It's working.
When I click the upload button, a window open for me to choose a file. I choose it, and then the upload box stay open, I see the name of the file and a loading bar but nothing happen. It's not loading. The loading box can stay open like that for an hour if I don't close it.

I'm using Firefox (I tried once with Safari after I read posts in the forum).

I just checked again my permissions for :
/public_html/ndxzsite/cache
/public_html/ndxzsite/config
/public_html/files/dimgs
/public_html/files/gimgs
everything is at 777

Did I missed something with this step?

Vaska A / 2012-11-02 18:12:54   

It's a little bug that we've mentioned around here alot (for Firefox) - click to the far right edge of the Upload button and I bet it works.

This will be offiicially fixed shortly.

maribo / 2012-11-02 18:36:44   

It works! thanks!

This thread has been closed, thank you.