Editing Project Years

steverinzen / 2012-11-02 18:24:26   

I would like to display the project years in the actual project page, coding that isn't the problem.. Before I realised you could extend the year range in options.php i had uploaded a bunch of projects with the lowest date possible (2004). My question is how can i adjust those years in the projects already uploaded?

Steve

lx / 2012-11-03 14:45:46   

As far as I can see, there is no option to do this directly inside indexhibit. But I think, there is a "year" entry in the mysql database (ndxzbt_objects table). And I guess it is the "year" fairly at the bottom (not udate or pdate). I'm not sure, though, if this is, what you are looking for.

arsondpi / 2012-11-03 14:49:36   

Hello!

Open the options.php file in a code editor, from your server.
Find lines 34-35 and you'll be able to extend the starting year there.

steverinzen / 2012-11-04 13:14:50   

@lx I think that might be the best option

@arsondpi Yep, did that already. Its the dates in the projects i uploaded before fixing the options.php that i want to change now

Vaska A / 2012-11-04 13:20:52   

Can't you simply drag/drop them to the new years?

steverinzen / 2012-11-04 17:43:26   

I don't see where i could do that? In my index list there are no years

Vaska A / 2012-11-04 17:50:40   

The easiest way to have years in your index is to create them - sections.

steverinzen / 2012-11-04 18:41:00   

I'm not sure that's the best answer at all. lx provided the only solution so far. I already have a full navigation with sections and exhibits relative to those sections. As i added each exhibit (before i changed the options.php file) the lowest date was 2004. I have fixed my the options file. What i would like to do is edit the year on those earlier uploaded exhibits to reflect the accurate year.. seemingly the only way to do this is in the mysql database directly?

It would be great if that was possible within each exhibit edit area. Much like the title is editable.

Vaska A / 2012-11-04 18:45:12   

Honestly, I can't figure out what you are doing. We haven't even seen your site...

And I'll bet you that I know a few more things than lx about Indexhibit. ;)

steverinzen / 2012-11-04 21:07:06   

Totally, i wouldn't deny that. I just don't see any way to do what you are recommending with my current layout.
The site is steve rinzen
I hadn't linked it because i didn't think it would help with a editing area question.
I haven't used the years so far, but would like to show them in the exhibits.. and i guess even long time arrange the sections chronologically.

steverinzen / 2012-11-04 21:07:49   

steve.rinzen.com that is..

Vaska A / 2012-11-04 21:26:56   

The use of years wasn't intended for the use that you are trying to do. It was intended for use in the index (when utilizing chronological mode).

Why is it not possible to simply type the year into the text space?

Otherwise, until a plugin is created that allows you to manipulate the year value (which will happen at some point) the only way is by editing the database. The reason this doesn't exist now though is because for people using chronological mode this could seriously mess up their index. Now that I think about it, we should use an abstract value instead of the year value in the _objects table to prevent that collision.

steverinzen / 2012-11-05 07:55:15   

Cool. That makes absolute sense.

Ultimately i would like to treat the style of the year differently to the text, that was my main reason for hoping to use the established value. I thought maybe there might be a workaround already.

This thread has been closed, thank you.