Where to find 'folder name'

bryonyroberts / 2012-11-18 19:42:34   

Hi,
I created my website several years ago and now want to 'Create New Section,' but I can't seem to figure out what the correct 'Folder Name' is. I thought it was 'Project' but that's not working. Can you tell me where to find the name of my 'Folder'?
My website is: corybuckner.com/bryony/

Thanks so much for the help.

arsondpi / 2012-11-18 23:53:21   

not exactly sure what you mean - can you elaborate?

bryonyroberts / 2012-11-19 21:38:50   

Hi, thanks for responding. When I try to create a new section within the "Settings" window, it asks for the 'Section Name' and the 'Folder Name.' The section name is obviously what I want to create, but I don't know what the 'Folder Name' is - how do I figure out what the folder name is for the sections on my website?
Sorry if it's a really dumb question, but I haven't been able to find any answers in the forum or in the tutorial.
Thanks

arsondpi / 2012-11-20 11:01:55   

Folder name is the name of the section that is going to appear in the url of your page.

For example: corybuckner.com/bryony/index.php?/ongoing/open-zones/
has a section name called On-going and a folder name called ongoing.
For example changing the folder name to lola (!) and also by publishing Off and On the exhibit, you're gonna have
corybuckner.com/bryony/index.php?/lola/open-zones/
but the section name is still going to appear as On-Going in your menu.

Hope this helps.

* you need to publish your exhibits off and on, because it holds to the original url address if you don't. That's for other reasons... search the forum about this last bit of info, as it hasn't got to do with the question of this thread. I try to keep answers direct so others can benefit from simple answers to specific problems.

bryonyroberts / 2012-11-24 21:57:36   

Hi, thanks so much for your response. Even when I try putting in "ongoing" as the folder name, I get this error message:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ndxz-studio/ on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

This happened when I tried all of the other folder names as well. I can make other changes to the site, so it's clearly not an issue of access. Any ideas why this is happening?
Thanks

This thread has been closed, thank you.