First customization steps in v2 upgrade

ellenjong / 2012-11-26 06:58:59   

Hello!

I just successfully upgraded to v2 and I am thrilled!! So far, there is only one default theme installed in my Settings. I would like to start customization though my coding skills are very limited. As naive as these questions are, please advise if possible...much appreciated!

Menu: Where can I choose/change font size, styles and color?
Homepage: How can I upload an image so it is full screen falling behind the menu?
Homepage: How can I upload a video so it is full screen falling behind the menu? I've downloaded BigVideo.js. In which js folder do I upload it to?
Horizontal Scroll: How can I customize so the images scroll across the full screen falling behind the menu?

If I find source code from an Indexhibit site that features some of these themes, is it OK to use these codes? Where would these codes go?

ellenjong.com

arsondpi / 2012-11-26 09:44:01   

-try the Indexhbit Style plugin (Admin/Plugins/Indexhbit Style)

-for the moment there's no official plugin but check this thread: indexhibit.org/forum/thread/16431/

-this needs serious coding skills to apply. Not easy if you don't know what you're doing.

You can customize your style.css (Admin/Assets/template->style.css) to create or customize css rules.
The Legacy existing themes do not work for the version 2 but Vaska is currently working on updateing several themes and new formats.
So we just wait..

ellenjong / 2012-11-26 16:23:01   

This looks like i will need to know some coding!! I will look over the assets and refer to forum for coding tips??

Thanks!

arsondpi / 2012-11-26 20:49:58   

Yes do! And also search the forum and the web as well.

This thread has been closed, thank you.