Galleria Exhibition Format

LeslieOA / 2008-10-13 07:39:34   

Not really sure if this has been done before, and I provide it with little to NO SUPPORT.

Download Galleria Exhibition Format (Indexhibit).

Live demo with default theme.

Galleria homepage for more information.

If you don't know what to do with the files contained; best leave it until an official versions released.

Peace ;-P

iwakami / 2008-10-13 08:18:27   

i like this. thank you, leslie :D
just reporting... in my FF3 with 1280px wide, image gets spit to the right side, away from the controls (here)

LeslieOA / 2008-10-13 09:43:50   

Thanks iwakami!
I'll (eventually) get to refining this.

AntoineLafontaine / 2008-10-13 10:50:24   

I wonder if you could get an image to be displayed by default... The previous/next navigation is not useful until you click one image. Or hide the next/previous until an image is selected... either way could also be supported.

Good work! :)

LeslieOA / 2008-10-13 12:32:31   

@AntoineLafontaine: -
Yeah, you can! I used Galleria's simple demo for this version, but will be working on an advanced version my friend (soon to be Indexhibit convert) and my site.

Not too hard to tweak though. Now I wish I just spent a few days getting it 100%... Gah!

Thanks guys, I'll update soon!

downtownblue / 2008-10-13 23:59:37   

Wow, that would be perfect for me if only there was a way to return to the base text (default page?)

LeslieOA / 2008-10-14 14:26:24   

Okay, gonna be working on a better/supported personally supported version of the plugin today (based on the advanced demo).

@downtownblue: - What do you mean by "base text (default page?)"? Do you mean for the gallery to loop round or, as Antoine suggested, start with an image displayed? If the latter, then it'll be supported.

@Vaska/Admins/anyoneintheknow: - Probably been answered aleady, but will current exhibition formats be supported by the new version?

Peace.

krebber / 2008-11-20 08:26:38   

Hi,

Cant for the life of me get the active sate to work with IE or FF

I am using

1. $('galleria li:first').addClass('active');

in the bottom of my script.

Works fine on Mac Safari but not Mac FF or Windowa IE

Any thoughts.

How is the new version coming along?

Cheers

LeslieOA / 2008-11-20 11:45:01   

Hey krebber.

I pretty much put development of this on hold for a number of reasons: -

* future versions of Indexhibit may not support current exhibition formats
* friend no longer required it/used Blogger instead (pfft)

As stated in the first post, this is not an official or supported version. The demo link is a slightly newer (and buggier!) version of the download source (hint: - view the from your browser and copy+paste the relevant JavaScript/CSS back into the plugin source).

Good luck... and a full version will be available in the distant future.

Peace.

psbpsb / 2009-02-21 19:05:55   

Hi Leslie,

I know you're not working on this right now but I wondered if you might be able to help me with the existing one. I really like the Galleria format! Especially how you have the demo now and even more so the one you use for your own photography.

I am trying to do this part you mention

(hint: - view the from your browser and copy+paste the relevant JavaScript/CSS back into the plugin source).

But I only manage to get styling to work, for the colours etc. I'm trying mainly to alleviate some bugs that move the main image about after you click it's thumbnail, which is a problem for all of them in Galleria on IE7 as they appear below the thumbnail menu.

I've tried pasting this

1. /* Galleria Settings */
  2. jQuery(function($) {

$('ul.galleria').galleria({
    history:     false,                 // History plugin deactivated. Borked.
    clickNext:     true,                 // helper for making the image clickable
    insert:     '#galleria_image',     // specify container (e.g. #image), defaults to .galleria_container

onImage:     function(image,caption,thumb) {                     // Image effects
                    image.css('display','none').fadeIn(1000);                     // fade in the image & caption
                caption.css('display','none').fadeIn(1000);                 // fade in the caption
                    var _li = thumb.parents('li');                                 // fetch the thumbnail container
                    _li.siblings().children('img.selected').fadeTo(500,0.3);     // fade out inactive thumbnail
                    thumb.fadeTo('fast',1).addClass('selected');                 // fade in active thumbnail
                    //image.attr('title','Click to proceed');                     // add a title to clickable image
                    },

onThumb:     function(thumb) {                                     // Thumbnail effects
                    var _li = thumb.parents('li');                                 // fetch the thumbnail container
                    var _fadeTo = _li.is('.active') ? '1' : '0.3';                 // if thumbnail is active, fade all the way
                    thumb.css({display:'none',opacity:_fadeTo}).fadeIn(1500);     // fade in the thumbnail when finnished loading
                    thumb.hover(                                                 // Thumbnail hover effects
                        function() { thumb.fadeTo('fast',1); },
                        function() { _li.not('.active').children('img').fadeTo('fast',0.3); }    // fadeout active parent
                        )
                    }

});

$('ul.galleria li:first').addClass('active');
    });

In place of the original in the plugin but that completely messes it up! Any pointers?

Thanks,

Paul

LeslieOA / 2009-02-22 02:05:06   

@psbpsb: - Post a link of your site/page so I can take a look at it.
No promises ;-)

psbpsb / 2009-02-22 21:28:16   

Hi Leslie, here you go. I was guessing that perhaps the images were too big for the galleria container that they were falling down below the thumbnails? Although on IE7 they are all like that!

Cheers.

annamim / 2010-06-28 14:20:09   

Hi I love this Im trying to use this and to make the images backgrounded. Does anyone have an idea?
cheers!!

7 / 2010-06-28 14:30:09   

backgrounded....like the backgrounded plugin? :s

christiandelia / 2010-08-30 17:35:58   

hello,
i need some help,
how to wrapper the image on the browser ??
it's possible doing a gallery full screen and resizable?
like a whidt:100% height :100% ???

peace =!

lemathieu A / 2010-08-30 18:25:46   

Have a look here.

christiandelia / 2010-08-30 19:52:03   

I tried to use the files, but for now nothing happens:)
thanks so much for the help !!! :)

panton / 2011-03-16 04:38:32   

I have installed the Galleria plugin from Leslie and it is working pretty well (in Safari and FF).
But there’s one thing I do not know how to manage. When I load the page the thumbnails are displayed but there’s no initial picture can be seen. Just the thumbnails.
What do I have to do to make it happen that there is also a “big” picture next to the thumbnails when I open the page?

link

any help would be great!

cheers.

oceancohen / 2011-07-30 22:13:05   

Hi I can't get it work on here
test

I am getting a
test:75 Uncaught TypeError: Object#< Object > has no method 'galleria'

May I know what's wrong?

oceancohen / 2011-10-31 03:41:49   

Hi it gets working without myself knowing why though
Anyway thanks

ergo / 2012-02-28 07:30:12   

@panton + all

Did you figure out how to display initial big image next to thumbnails?

Also, only Titles, not captions show below image, any tips on how to add this?

Trying to figure how on this site

This thread has been closed, thank you.