Inactive Image Tags

mpcv / 2013-08-18 16:10:44   

Hi Guys!

Just a quick question regarding image tags,

In Admin / Tags, when you are adding images to one of the tags you have defined, if you choose one image that you are using as "inactive" (just for thumbnails purpose in visual index), that image will be marked with the tag, but won't be displayed along with the "active" images in the tags page where you see all the thumbnails for that tag...

Is this supose to happen? Is there any quick fix for this situation?

Any ideas? anyone?

thanks in advance!

arsondpi / 2013-08-18 16:48:23   

...but an inactive image is just that - meaning that it should not appear as part of an exhibit unless you insert it in a text area box.
But I don't understand what are you trying to do: you have an inactive image to serve as a thumbnail of an exhibit. This image is tagged. You don't want the image to show up in the exhibit but you want it to show up when you click the tag of this image...
???

* You can use a cover image for thumbnail purposes as well.

mpcv / 2013-08-18 17:42:56   

I have a visual index as homepage, you click on the thumbnails and you enter the projects.

In the image sequence of each project, the first one is always detected by visual index to be used as a thumbnail.

But I wan't to have control and choose the thumbnails I want, specially because sometimes I don't want the images I'm using inside the projects to be used as thumbnails in visual index (home), sometimes I want diferent images instead (close-ups for instance...).

So I use this diferent images inside the project itself, in first place to be detected by visual index as the thumbnail I choose, and I use them "inactive" because I don't want to see them inside the project, I just want them to be thumbnails before you enter the project...

I would like that these thumbnails (inactive images I use in first place inside the project), to be the same thumbnails I use in the tags page... That's why I tagged the inactive images I use as thumbnails for the homepage visual index... Although they don't appear along with other "active" images in the tags page..

Doesn't make sense to have in your homepage one thumbnail for one project, and then, when you click in a tag, you have a diferent a thumbnail for the same project...

I never understood very well the cover images thing... I mean, you attach one cover image, and then your thumbnail changes in your backoffice... but nothing happens when you visualize it in your website... you still see the initial image you have there in the first place..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it suppose for a cover image to become an actual thumbnail when people view the website?

arsondpi / 2013-08-18 18:01:50   

Yep - cover images work exactly like this.
You attach one to your media.
If you're using a format that uses thumbnails then the cover image becomes your thumbnail.
The same happens to if you're using Visual Index with a section media source.
Your cover images are going to be used...

I just tried it to my website again to check that this is the case and it works fine.
However I noticed some sort lagg - I set publish to Off and then to On again and things worked fine... (it could be my server though)

This thread has been closed, thank you.