Columner Theme - All centered (horizontal #index)

Josias_Dylan / 2013-09-14 11:12:53   

Hello!

I have already searched the forum for solutions.

The answers given in related threads are as far as I am concerned too relative for my understanding - I know I need basic coding skills - I know a possible way is to wrap #index and #exhibit... But how exactly? I couldn't find a precise hint.

So my question again: How am I able to center align the index (menu) at the top (horizontally)?

I was able so far to center align the #exhibit.

I also managed to align the the #index centered horizontally - but the sections appeared beneath eacht other like so:

1. Section
2. Section
3. Section

What I want is:

1. Section 2.Section 3. Section

1. As I understand this is the part which should be responsible for the alignment(?):
  2. #index ul {
  3. float: left;
  4. width: 130px;  /* the width of each column in the menu */
  5. list-style-type: none;
  6. overflow: auto;
  7. margin: 0px 0px 20px 0px;
  8. padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; 
  9. If I put in "right" instead of "left" the #index aligns to the right - but if I put in "centered" the sections appear - again - beneath each other...

I figure this something really basic but somehow a lot of people have been struggeling with this.

So any futher going help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My site: josiasdylan.com

arsondpi / 2013-09-14 13:30:44   

Hey - not really sure what you're trying to do here. When I checked your site I didn't see #index & #exhibit wrapped in a #wrapper div and I also didn't see any sections.
Checking your css code confused me even more.
Also float: centered; does not exist. You need to use margin: 0 auto; to center a div with a specific width dimension (in px).

Josias_Dylan / 2013-09-14 16:40:12   

Hey arsondpi! Thanks for your reply.

I now made the Sections visible... - As they are, I want to center them.

As I said, I am not sure how to wrap #index and #exhibit - so there is no wrap.

I tried the change a few values in order to center the #index - that's maybe where your confusion about my css is coming from - I am doing trial & error here...

Could you tell me which div exactly is responsible for my needs? I am trying but not getting smart with firebug...

Regards!

Josias_Dylan / 2013-09-14 20:44:31   

I solved my issue - thanks anyways!

This thread has been closed, thank you.