Link to external page from menu + organizing sections

mirjambierling / 2013-10-29 12:28:48   

Hello and thanks for all your help so far.

My next question:
On my photography website, i would like to have a link in the index menu to my blog: jamdubbidubbi.tumblr.com
So when clicking 'BLOG' i would like to be forwarded to my tumblr-site.

Also, I have still not figured out how to put my 4 different photography series under the section called 'SERIES'. Hence, I would like to have series I - IV under 'series' - for instance: mirjambierling.com/series/…

my site is mirjambierling.com

again, a huge thank you! :)

Vaska A / 2013-10-29 12:45:58   

Exhibit links...

Create > Exhibit Link

Or, you can simplly add the link, and it's html, to the Post Nav space in Admin > Theme (or whatever it's called now).

mirjambierling / 2013-10-29 13:09:51   

i'm confused, are you addressing the e blog-link Q or the second Q? or both?

blog-link
when i press 'create' i get the choice between exhibit or indexhibit link. which one should i choose? first create the index, and then the page? as an example rickardaall.com - there is a link to the photographers blog. thats what i need.

sections under series
as i have already created sections I - IV, would it be possible to drag these sections under 'series'?

cheers!

mirjambierling / 2013-10-29 13:22:27   

if it makes my question any clearer, i guess i want to make a subsection under 'series', meaning i want I, II, III and IV to appear only when you click 'series' in the menu

Vaska A / 2013-10-29 13:22:34   

Indexhibit Link.

You can reorganize sections in Admin > Sections (drag the titles around).

mirjambierling / 2013-10-29 13:30:29   

thanks
yes, i am aware of that, but is it possible to have the I-IV sections as subsections? meaning, if you click the 'series'-section in the index-menu, that the sections I-IV appear.
would look something like .....com/series/…

Vaska A / 2013-10-29 13:36:05   

There is a way to enable subsections - which is an unreleased feature for the moment - but I don't know the thread off the top of my head.

Then, yes, you could make them subsections.

Vaska A / 2013-10-29 13:36:55   

Or, instead of creating those as sections, create them simply as exhibits and place them under a section called "Series". For most people this is sufficient.

mirjambierling / 2013-10-29 13:46:51   

ok, ill go for the last option. is there any way that the exhibits are hidden until you press 'series'? i want the main menu to bee as short an neat as possible, so the different exhibits(I-IV) only appear when entering the series-sections.

as for the blog link. it still wont work. i created an index link, like you told me. when in indexzstudio i can preview it, but when just going to my site mirjambierling.com, it wont appear. any clue?

thanks

Vaska A / 2013-10-29 13:58:44   

You need to input a full url...

http :// www . etcetc . com

mirjambierling / 2013-10-29 14:14:29   

jamdubbidubbi.tumblr.com is what i put in

this is what i did:
1. index - create
2. exhibit title: test
3. index link: jamdubbidubbi.tumblr.com
4. section: Main

still, the link doesnt appear in the menu on my web site

again, sorry bout the stupid Qs here

mirjambierling / 2013-10-29 14:15:09   

for some reason http:// www disappears, but yes, i but the full url in

mirjambierling / 2013-10-29 15:19:34   

sort of worked out: www . mirjambierling . com
any way i can make the 'blog' in the same size/font as the rest of the indexes?

cheers

arsondpi / 2013-10-29 19:11:57   

right-click on the blog exhibit title and (assuming you're using Firebug the firefox plugin) you'll get the css selector in question.
Alternatively check the source code of your webpage to find the css selector id.

This thread has been closed, thank you.