adding a thumbnail carousel to slideshow plugin?

cnitsch / 2013-11-02 16:48:56   

Hey everyone!

I'm running into a problem with too many thumbnails on a page using the slideshow plugin.
I wonder if there is a script that already exists in the indexhibit install that can add a carousel to the thumbnails?

Here's the page I'm referring to.
carolinanitsch.com/projects/louise-bourgeois/

I would love to be able to set the carousel to only display say 4-6 thumbnails wide and the large image below it and prev/next arrows on the left and right of the thumbnails displayed.

I feel like I saw something like this in the legacy version.
Anyone recall?

I want something really simple.
As you can see on the page, the thumbnails push the larger image all the way down the page and you have to scroll to see it. It's a bit of a pain!

Ian

Vaska A / 2013-11-03 01:37:03   

I don't believe I've ever seen that with Indexhibit.

My own opinion is that carousels are confusing with a Slideshow format and for this reason I've never implemented one myself. I've always thought if there were that many images then a different format might be better.

With the beta version of Slideshow (around here somewhere) you have the option to have thumbnails or not - not having slideshows but the counter instead isn't good for your site?

cnitsch / 2013-11-06 17:52:20   

Well...I'll have to rethink this.
I think it's important to have the thumbnails there, so that people see what's on the page.
Maybe I have to break it into multiple pages or even throw a link into the caption of a blank image that links to the next page.

This thread has been closed, thank you.