Visual Index - Rollover Images - Help!

metacitizen / 2013-11-06 09:31:09   

Dear Indexhibit collegues,
For the last months, I´ve been trying to implement rollover images for each of the pics in my visual index with no luck. My site is: unstablespace.com
I know well how rollover images work, the problem is I don't know where to insert the code! Should I modify the .visual_index php file? Where can I find the code specific for each image in the visual index?
Any help would be immensely appreciated!!
Best,
M

arsondpi / 2013-11-06 11:07:17   

I tried doing this one day and it seemed to be more work than I thought - the reason I'm posting this, is that coding skills are needed. Spare time as well.

metacitizen / 2013-11-06 15:41:00   

Hi Arsondpi,
Would you please share your findings, tips or indications on how to do this?
I´ve been searching over the internet, but have not yet found what file(s) in need to enter the code into...
Thanks so much,
M

Vaska A / 2013-11-06 16:00:43   

You can do this with CSS. You don't really have to edit the format to make this happen. Just a few days ago I posted in another thread about doing this kind of thing.

If you want customization, you'll need to dig in and make it happen.

There really are many ways you could do this though - pick one and go for it.

metacitizen / 2013-11-06 23:09:47   

Thanks for your answer Vaska.
I have it almost sorted out. One last question, where do I need to enter the CSS code? Directly in the exhibit? Or in the style.css? Or in index.php?
Thanks so much!
M

Vaska A / 2013-11-07 02:09:33   

style.css - you can target the format directly too so it doesn't affect other formats.

metacitizen / 2013-11-11 01:36:13   

I managed to create rollovers through style.css. However, the problem is when attempting to create rollovers in the visual index format.
Is there a way that I can define the position of the image inside the container?
If I have an image measuring 300px wide inside a 150x150px container, how can I have the image showing only its left side? and its right side when hovering?
Example of image here: unstablespace.com/files/dimgs/…
Visual index here: unstablespace.com/work/
Thanks so much!

This thread has been closed, thank you.