A stupid question. Favicon!

lizzy106 / 2013-11-07 22:16:18   

I am really sorry, I have bad luck with these things and nearly everything I do doesn't really work!

I wanted to put a stupid favicon on my site.

I have:
Made a favicon.ic file and put it in lizzyrose.co.uk/ndxz-studio/site/sample/… (it's there, I have checked.)
Then I edited the index.php in the "sample" folder. I added: (
Wasn't sure where to add it so I put it here: s23.postimg.org/4kybd5x23/…
Then I uploaded the edited index.php and "overwrote" the index.php in the sample file.

And it isn't showing up! What have I done wrong? Very annoyed, I have read 3 or 4 forums about this on here but I can't find the answer.

Please help, thank you.

lizzy106 / 2013-11-07 22:21:55   

I cannot work out how to donate to you guys. I finally have some money and I would like donate to indexhibit.

arsondpi / 2013-11-07 23:07:11   

You've inserted it in the body tag and in the special rule that makes it work if it's Explorer 6 (!), where as you should insert it somewhere in the head tag of your index.php
Just before the link to your stylesheet would be fine:

1. <link rel='shortcut icon' href='lizzyrose.co.uk/ndxz-studio/site/sample/favicon.ico' type='image/x-icon' /…;
  2. <link rel='stylesheet' href='<%baseurl%><%basename%>/site/<%obj_theme%>/style.css' type='text/css' />

As for that donation I guess you can send Indexhibit an email at their contact page (?)

lizzy106 / 2013-11-08 00:40:05   

Thank you for answering! I was following an old thread. explorer 6 haha!
I *think* I have done what you said.
s2.postimg.org/cx3me70zt/…

Still not working... 0_0

Vaska A / 2013-11-08 01:00:24   

We don't take donations - you can purchase Indexhibit 2 from our site.

arsondpi / 2013-11-08 07:47:06   

Works fine from my end (in firefox that is...)
there's another bit of code that you can include. I noticed that some browsers like different versions... Just search the web for that one.

This thread has been closed, thank you.