Namecheap Hosting "xx There is a problem"

nastalgia / 2018-02-27 00:34:09   

Hello,

This is my website dominicdecarlo.com

I can not get past the database setup installation page, I have correctly set my permissions and created my database and accompanying database account.
I am running PHP 5.6
MySQL is up to date.

I have read a posting here from 6 years ago saying namecheap does not allow 3rd party services to access its MySQL databases.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

nastalgia / 2018-02-27 04:33:22   

I have now changed my php version to 7.2 and contacted my webhosting provider who have assured me that MySQL can communicate with 3rd party frameworks like Inexhibit and that the database is successfully installed for my domain name.

No luck, will keep trying.

nastalgia / 2018-02-27 05:42:26   

I just finished an online chat with my hosting tech support and informed me that the problem lies in the config.php file sitting in my root directory.

However, they would not supply me with the fixed file.
Disappointing, going to keep trying.

nastalgia / 2018-02-27 20:49:40   

I tried for a few hours this morning to get this working with no luck. Had another 2 hour chat with my hosting provider who assured me that there is no server side reason for the failure to install Indexhibit.

Here are the credentials i am using which have been checked to be correct imgur.com/a/…

I have deleted the files from my server, deleted my database and started from scratch several times, ensuring the permissions are correctly set and using knowledge from the forum to try and pinpoint the issue. Unfortunately all of the forum postings that seem relevant to my issue are several years old.

I started to think perhaps I had the wrong or dated installation files so i've redownloaded them and tried again today with no luck.

Any tips on where to go from here would be much appreciated. Cheers.

nastalgia / 2018-02-28 05:07:49   

Hello!
Back again, I have been obsessing with this for the last few hours. I have very little knowledge of php or MySQL servers but im pretty handy with javascript and server architecture and im looking at this as a challenge. I don't quite trust my hostings tech support and have been poking around your install.php code and found where my error occurs.

1. it occurs on line 855 of install.php, 
  2. // check connection - tables exist?
  3.             $link = @mysqli_connect($c['n_host'], $c['n_user'], $c['n_pwd']);
  4.             $_GLOBALS['link'] = $link;
  6.             if (@mysqli_select_db($link, $c['n_name']) && ($this->writeConfig() == TRUE))
  7.             {    
  8.                 // prevents installing over itself
  9.                 $result = @mysqli_query($link, "SELECT * FROM ".PX."settings WHERE adm_id = 1");
  11.                 if ($result)
  12.                 {
  13.                     setcookie('ndxz_hash', '5f8bfb51cc5c437a603abe3766d004d8', time()+3600*24*2, '/');
  14.                     setcookie('ndxz_access', md5('exhibit'), time()+3600*24*2, '/');
  15.                     header('location:' . BASEURL . BASENAME . '/install.php?p=3&s=success');
  16.                     exit;
  17.                 }
  18.                 else
  19.                 {
  20.                     // this is where we try to install
  21.                     $this->install_db();
  23.                     // let's check
  24.                     $result = @mysqli_query($link, "SELECT * FROM ".PX."settings WHERE adm_id = 1");
  26.                     if ($result)
  27.                     {
  28.                         setcookie('ndxz_hash', '5f8bfb51cc5c437a603abe3766d004d8', time()+3600*24*2, '/');
  29.                         setcookie('ndxz_access', md5('exhibit'), time()+3600*24*2, '/');
  30.                         header('location:' . BASEURL . BASENAME . '/install.php?p=3&s=success');
  31.                         exit;
  32.                     }
  33.                     else
  34.                     {
  35.                         $s = "<p><span class='ok-not'>XX</span> " . $this->lang->word('cannot install_C') . "</p>
  36. ";
  37.                         $s .= "<p><small>" . $this->lang->word('goto forum') . "</small></p>
  38. ";
  39.                     }
  40. Where it returns "XX cannot install_C" in place of "XX There is a problem" 

This makes me believe that the code can not communicate with the MySQL server after all, am i right in thinking this? My php knowledge is limited and any help from the community would be appreciated!

nastalgia / 2018-02-28 06:26:03   

I solved the problem!

flipping through settings I found that i needed to enable some php modules and enable some others.

success!

sorry to post so much and take up so much space, maybe this will help someone in the future.

Cheers!

nastalgia / 2018-02-28 06:26:26   

imgur.com/a/…

Normancz / 2018-03-03 23:28:26   

HI nastalgia i have the same problem and also went over this with namecheap many times and also have deleted and reinstalled. I just enabled and disabled the php modules but i still get the "check config" error is there anything else you did you may have left out??
thanks

Normancz / 2018-03-03 23:38:40   

Actually it was a success i just needed to reinstall everything and create a new database name and username after changing the php modules.
THANK YOU!!!! i dont know how you figured that out great job!!

This thread has been closed, thank you.