upgrade tool doesn't create database

keina / 2018-05-27 18:08:41   

Hi,
I did all the preparations as stated in the upgrade tutorial "upgrade to version 2", but noticed that the required folder /ndxzstudio/cache/ doesn't exist in current indexhibit2 zip. Well, I just created one.
So, when I open "yourwebsite.com/ndxzstudio/…" select the language and enter the required data, I send the data and then nothing happens.
When opening the index.php of the site it says "Database is not installed."
The upgrade tool doesn't do it's job and I don't know why. No error messages appearing, just nothing happening.

I would really appreciate some help here.
Thanks

keina / 2018-05-27 18:13:16   

I figured, it could also be mysql server not working properly. I'll check that out.

keina / 2018-05-27 18:17:14   

Well, the old indexhibit site is running fine on the same server. I don't understand.

keina / 2018-05-27 18:26:48   

It's the mysql server. I confused the local and online one. online fine, offline (which i'm trying to upgrade) bad.

keina / 2018-05-27 20:54:22   

I resolverd the MySQL server problem, but to test the upgrade and to learn about the process I used an older offline (MAMP) version of my website. Now I want to import the newer (online) version into the upgraded offline version to see if it all works. I copy pasted data where I thought is relevant, but I cannot seem to figure out how to tell the upgraded offline version to use another database which I exported from the online version of my website.

Suggestions anyone?
Much appreciated

This thread has been closed, thank you.