Mobile Version showing not found on server and 404 encountered

tiankheesiong / 2018-05-30 09:09:22   

Hello,

The website sachalmers.co.uk/ is working fine on desktop but on mobile, it shows the main page fine but when I go to projects it tells me:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Could anyone please advise what I should do to rectify this problem?\

Many thanks

Black_Box / 2018-11-07 00:04:12   

Hello,
Searching about the same problem, I read your post with the same problem as me on dedale-cirque.fr/ddi/
When I check your site (great job by the way ;) ), it work good now!
Can you give me the direction to solve this 404 problem please ?
Thanks .
Nicolas

Timurlukas / 2018-11-07 09:41:51   

that is the solution:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/22918/

Black_Box / 2018-11-07 11:12:28   

Hi Timurlukas,
Thanks for your reply, but I've done it before and I don't work.
As you can see, I'm quite a noob in this, but I searched around the forum to solve this.
The thing I understand is that I must "replace the root index.php file with the new one".
Beiing a noob, it's not quite obvious for me. What I try is to erase the index.php in the ndxzsite/mobile and replace it by the index.php of the root www/index.php. But it crash, so I'm wrong I guess.
I know this is certainly a stupid question for the community, I'm just learning...
Bravo à tous for this cms and the forum, it solved me many times, but not this time.
Thanks. Nicolas

Timurlukas / 2018-11-08 11:16:15   

@Black_Box
have you changed "htaccess" to ".htaccess"?

Black_Box / 2018-11-08 15:26:26   

Timurlukas,
Yes it's done.
What I did also is paste in the .htaccess the code of this post : indexhibit.org/forum/thread/22918/
I don't understand in practice is the question treated here : indexhibit.org/forum/thread/22928/ , the replacement of the index.php . I suppose the problem is around here, but not sure.
Thanks.

Black_Box / 2018-11-08 23:04:41   

Maybe an important thing, my indexhibit is not on the root of the site, but it is a portfolio within a spip site, which has its own.htaccess. Is that the problem?

This thread has been closed, thank you.