Tag Function

LauraElina / 2018-10-05 11:14:22   

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to check if I've understood the meaning and the function of tags:

I understand that they are hidden but they can possibly increase the possibility of people finding me when they are performing search on the internet – is that so?

That is, if someone does a search with "photographer" or "photographer in milan" and I have applied those tags to my website and/or my images, I might show up in the search results?

And thus, the more there are relevant tags, the better?

I started to wonder if tags, key words and meta data are basically the same thing or am I mixing things up...?

Thanks again in advance!
Laura

LauraElina / 2018-10-05 11:15:01   

*keywords

Vaska A / 2018-10-05 14:52:15   

Keywords...not tags. ;)

Keywords are a subset of meta tags. Meta tags take other forms, as well. It's probably best to go a quick Google to find better definitions, but I believe you are on the right track.

I can't control Google search results though - that scope is far beyond Indexhibit. Keywords help. Description helps. Using H2 title tags on every exhibit appropriately also helps.

LauraElina / 2018-10-05 23:17:56   

Thanks Vaska! So... what are then the Tags in Indexhibit (Admin section + when you are editing an exhibit) and are they useful at all...?

I always attach keywords on my photos when I start working on them but frankly I have never understood if they remain embedded somewhere when I upload my images on my Indexhibit website.

Yes I wasn't expecting you to control search results...! I was just wondering if adding tags would *in theory* help my photos and me be more searchable.

Thanks again!

This thread has been closed, thank you.