Service unavailable

franzi / 2018-10-25 11:39:03   

I get following message when trying to update a text in one section of my index:

Servce unavailable - the server is temorarily unavailable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

The error is a indexhibit Error message and pos up on the top right side with a green background - its not a problem with my server and i have enough free space.

On all other sections in my index i can update everything, also add new images.

franzi / 2018-10-26 08:58:00   

Everywhere I read I should check with my host - the message i get is definately a indexhbit system mesage.

Any Idea what is triggering this message in a text section without any images?

franzi / 2018-10-28 22:40:51   

Vaska, do you have an idea what it could be?
I can't save a text update on just one exhibit. when pressing the save butto i get the 'service unavailable' message. it has been working the last 10 years - there is enough space on my server. I can update and upload on any other exhibit without a problem.

franzi / 2019-03-03 15:28:12   

I cannot update any text in my exhibits - I get the 'service unavailable' message when i want to update text. It seems it is the coding in the text which makes the difference. Anybody knows how to handle this?

franzi / 2019-03-07 07:36:42   

Indexhibit Message on the top right in Green: "Service Unavailable
The server is temporaily uable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

This problem appears only in one exhibit when i want to update, insert new text into the text section - and only if the text is not inserted correctly. Is there a text lenght limit? This is strange, I think its a coding issue and not the server.

Can anybody please comment.

mxl / 2019-04-03 09:53:11   

Hi Franzi,
I am experiencing the same problem. I can reproduce it and it is definitely caused by some characters in certain places. E.g. if I insert a "/" or "" at the end of one paragraph I get the error message, whereas everything woks fine if I delete it or insert it at another place.

mxl / 2019-04-03 10:06:53   

Here is a video, is this the same problem you are experiencing?

Edited by Vaska: link to the video properly - that should not be downloading to people's computer.

franzi / 2019-04-04 13:27:04   

I updated my PHP to PHP 7.2 and to the new indexhibit V2.1.5 and still encouter exactly the same issue.

yes. it is caused by some characters in the text and it only affects text so far. why?

Vaska A / 2019-04-04 14:24:05   

I have posted about modSecurity many times around here in the past. This looks like a classic example. Disable it via cPanel if it's possible. Otherwise, ask your host if they see something in the logs about this and ask them to adjust accordingly.

Very nice photos, Franzi.

franzi / 2019-04-08 16:00:33   

In which root directory or sub-directory do i have to place the .htaccess file?

Is this the correct line to save the htaccess file to make it work again?

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off

mxl / 2019-06-10 10:49:43   

Hi Franzi, hi Vaska,

I am still encountering this problem. modSecurity is not loaded and I have php Version 7.2.18. Please Vaska, could you you point me in the right direction how to find the problem? Franzi, do you still have the problem?
All the best,
Mathias

This thread has been closed, thank you.