Slideshow error

dragoshanciu / 2018-10-30 12:55:31   

Hello

After I changed text width from 250 to 500, I tried to refresh my page and i get HTTP error 500

- I tried to change back the text width value
- I checked permission of ajax: 644 it is
- I replaced the ndxzsite/plugin/format.slideshow.php file with the one from the backup
- the exhibit options window from the ndxzstudio is not showing up anymore

Now I disabled the slideshow plugin and if I click enable, I get the same HTTP error 500

links
dragoshanciu.com/book/hometown/
dragoshanciu.com/book/a-b/

What can I do now?

Thank you

Vaska A / 2018-10-30 13:43:34   

Hmmm, that's not right. Did you edit the file via the built-in editor by chance?

If the exhibit options are no longer showing up then you reuploaded a different Slideshow.

dragoshanciu / 2018-10-30 15:00:58   

Hei Vaska

Thanks for the quick reply.
I edited the file in the editor available in the admin tab from the indexhibit platform.

the options were not showing up after editing either. after trying to undo the edit, I had the same problem.

Only then I opened the ftp and replaced the format.slideshow.php with the backup

Vaska A / 2018-10-30 15:40:07   

The editor is/was experimental - it's screwing up your file. Reupload a fresh unedited version (redownload from our site if necessary). Then, changing options via Admin > Format should do the trick.

Keep me posted. ;)

dragoshanciu / 2018-10-30 15:48:30   

Hei, it's working now!
I uploaded the fresh unedited file.
Thank you Vaska, you saved the day again.

the only option I have in Admin > Format is changing the transition from fade to none. should there be more?

I want to make the text block the same width as the photo. Check link dragoshanciu.com/book/hometown/
In which file should I modify this? Should I also avoid the editor from the platform and use the FTP? - sorry for bringing up customization questions here.

Vaska A / 2018-10-30 15:59:56   

I can't remember how that Slideshow ultimately works. Does this Slideshow allow you to set a height in the Exhibit Options panel? Or, does it just allow a width (bounding box actually) value?

You could, add the width of your text block to the image 'size' array in /ndxzsite/config/options.php (you'll see it). Then, you could just set that value...

Or, maybe you could try the Slides format...

columnerdeux.vaska.com/format/slides/

In your case, don't try editing anything except CSS with your built-in editor - it will be problematic.

dragoshanciu / 2018-10-30 16:23:03   

The exhibit options panel allows me to adjust the uniform height and the thumbnail height, choose the text placement (above/bottom) and the links

I went here /ndxzsite/config/options.php in my FTP
I wrote the line. If it should look like this, is not working. $default['text_width'] = 500;

I will do a backup an try the Slides format as well

laters'
thank you
.d

Vaska A / 2018-10-30 16:55:07   

Default text width was never implemented. Adjust the images sizes array...

This thread has been closed, thank you.