Regarding upgrade from v0.70d to v2.1.5 and login error

SamFriday / 2018-11-20 09:44:02   

Hello,
As is probably the case with many others I now have to upgrade because of PHP 5.6 being discontinued by my host.

I was hoping to upgrade, even though my site is heavily customised.I have downloaded the newest version and followed the instruction. The install process works fine, but when I reach the question to import from my old site and i say yes I am completely unable to login, I just reveice the error message "login err". Retrieving password from e-mail or any such approach does not seem to work. I have verified that my database information is correct. Does anyone know what might be the issue? Thank you!

my website is gabrielkvendseth.com

Vaska A / 2018-11-20 12:38:42   

omg i love your work!

are you 100% sure you are totally updated? the mail retrieval thing was fixed not long ago - i wonder if you have not replaced those files. but, after you upgrade, you will be logging in the first time with the default (index1/exhibit) - then change them.

SamFriday / 2018-11-20 12:56:45   

Thank you! Did come here expecting compliments :)

I downgraded again, and removed the new version, so right now it is the 0.70 that is up, since when I installed the new version I was not able to log in to transfer the old site/material into the new version, since I could not log in.

Are you saying that when I have installed the upgrade through /ndxzstudio/install.php and when I am asked if i want to transfer from my old site that I should login with index1/exhibit, and then I will be able to acces all of the old files/content?

SamFriday / 2018-11-20 12:57:15   

*Did not come here expecting compliments. Freudian slip, I suppose.

Vaska A / 2018-11-20 13:12:05   

Per your question in the second paragraph - yes.

Vaska A / 2018-11-20 13:13:22   

In rare cases perhaps upgrading doesn't work...is your site so complicated that you couldn't reupload things and edit the styles? I don't want you to have to do that, but your site is not that big...might be a better backup option than relying on 10+ year old code.

SamFriday / 2018-11-20 13:42:34   

It seems that I cannot login with index1/exhibit or anything else, I cannot log in at all after installing. Is there some step I am missing? I am following the instructions from indexhibit.org/tutorials/upgrade/upgrade-to-version-two/.

I can still log in to the old site through ndxz-studio, but not the new ndxzstudio

I suppose that it is not such a large job to do it all over, I just don't remember how I did all the adjustments and tweaks to padding, font, color, spacing, frame width, etc, and where I can find them in the old css and html files. I'll just have to upgrade my tech savviness as well :)

Vaska A / 2018-11-20 13:50:40   

When Indexhibit upgrades it creates an entire new set to tables for the new version - this was my brilliant idea to ensure people absolutely could not lose an existing site. So, of course, you can still login to the old version as long as the ndxz-studio folder is there.

I haven't seen a failure at the login like this before to be honest. Who is your webhost (are they not a typical shared webhost)? It seems that something in the database is failing. Which version of PHP are you currently running?

SamFriday / 2018-11-20 13:55:43   

My webhost is One.com
I am currently running PHP 5.6, as a temporary downgrade.
the database host is gabrielkvendseth.com.mysql

Vaska A / 2018-11-20 14:30:11   

hmmm...should work then. i have upgraded two sites on One recently.

SamFriday / 2018-11-21 13:49:56   

Very strange then. Too bad for me! Thank you for you help anyway.

SamFriday / 2018-11-22 09:56:37   

Now I can't even login to the old site! I'm being told that the username or password is incorrect, which it isn't. Is there some way to reset this?

emmajorn / 2018-12-05 09:58:46   

I experience the same.
I use one.com and my passwork and username doesn´t work either.

emmajorn / 2018-12-05 11:06:42   

I would be so thankful for any ideas on how to get my username & password functionen again.
Thank you.

rorypilgrim / 2018-12-13 07:09:23   

Hello I am having the same problem after being hosted by one.com as I did not take in that I needed to do an upgrade via my indexhibit.

Now where I go to log in change my site.. it is completely blank with no login.

Any simple advice I would be grateful as finding hard to understand the tutorials without being able to access a login.

ninjarne / 2019-01-07 00:57:02   

Having the same issue with the same provider and hi Gabriel! Long time no see! We have to talk about stone carving some day, I've got some plans!

Best regards,
Arne

This thread has been closed, thank you.