error: Refused to set unsafe header "Connection"

AirplaneNoise / 2018-12-06 11:09:01   

hi - i know that the most common answer will be "you have to upgrade your site"...

but... basically, i built a site with the older ndxz many years ago, and it's not ready for a complete overhaul. was working just fine until Chrome decided that security was not good enough -- specifically the image upload section. basically, it fails silently, and in the console:

Refused to set unsafe header "Connection"

am afraid this is not gonna be an easy one. any insights, even if patchy, happy to do that.

thanks a lot for any insights.

k

AirplaneNoise / 2018-12-06 12:02:43   

interestingly enough, i have several sites — and they all have the same error. except 1. i try to upload the same exact image on all 5 sites, they all fail, except for this one site. these sites are all built with the same build of ndxz, and with more or less the same level of customizations... what would make them behave differently i wonder? they all fail on

xml.setRequestHeader("Connection", "close");

which, incidentally comes from jquery.js i presume. (version 1.1 in the source code)...

i understand this is a bigger issue, but i am sadly, looking for a quick fix. thanks :(

Vaska A / 2018-12-06 15:58:29   

It usually takes me 20 mins to update the CSS on an old site - sometimes faster - it's not that hard. There isn't an easy fix - it sounds like the servers were upgraded. This is why I update Indexhibit...

It also sounds like the site might have been hacked. I posted about this earlier this year (I even sent a newsletter, too).

This thread has been closed, thank you.