Second Indexhibit Website Mirroring My First

johnzhao137 / 2019-01-09 21:07:04   

Hi, I purchased a 2nd domain using the same hosting as my first Indexhibit site. When I installed Indexhibit, some of the content in my first website appear in my second website as well as where I add/delete content and exhibits. I'm sure this has something to do with the way the 2nd/new domain is filed under the primary first domain. I'm just not web savvy enough to figure this out. I use Hostgator and Filezilla. If there are previous solutions I couldn't find or advice, please help.

johnzhao137 / 2019-01-09 21:10:28   

To further clarify, when I change the username/pw for one site, it changes for the other as well. When I change the content for one site, it does the same for the other.

Vaska A / 2019-01-09 21:29:51   

I don't know how you managed to do that, but clearly you setup the same database twice. Just make sure you install them with different prefixes (ndxzbt1, ndxzbt2) and all will be good.

You probably just copied the files from one to the other and didn't even install. On the second site you need to delete the /ndxzsite/config.php to install it properly.

johnzhao137 / 2019-01-10 14:38:55   

Thanks Vaska. Figured it out with your direction. Wasn't that I copied the files or didn't go through the install process but with Hostgator at least, I needed to create a new username for the new database and link them together, which solved it. I was using an old username that directed me to the wrong database. Appreciate it.

Vaska A / 2019-01-10 16:16:33   

You can use the same database for a billion Indexhibit's, but you need to make sure you have unique prefixes. Which, if you aren't aware of doing that, could be a problem. Anyways, it's not often that people do that. Happy to hear you are moving forward now.

This thread has been closed, thank you.