Customising Visual index with different size thumbails

Carnbot / 2019-06-02 10:49:00   

I'd love to be able to do this for each exhibit template. Set an individual thumbnail size for each image so they can be irregular sizes, some quite large etc. Being able to set custom final image size for each image individually would also be great. Especially useful for different shaped images.

I guess it would it need a lot of code to customize. :)

I think it'd be possible to create a workaround by replacing each thumbnail on the server with different sized versions but not ideal when you want to change images a lot...

Vaska A / 2019-06-02 13:26:16   

Replacing the thumbnails that way would not work.

I made a version of Visual Index like this many years ago and I have no idea what happened to it. It's also what inspired the "left/soft" margins display (which did ship in the final version).

How I did it: I calculated a standard ratio from one image (and I can't remember how I selected that image) and then I used that as a basis for all of the other thumbnails in relation to their actual uploaded dimensions.

Edit: just remembered - I used the largest uploaded image dimensions (it's stored in the database) as the ratio and then the thumbnails scaled accordingly (in relation to the thumbnail size you choose in the studio).

Carnbot / 2019-06-02 23:15:32   

Sounds like a good option. I hope it reappears again at some point in the future :)

Vaska A / 2019-06-03 19:06:03   

I told you how I did this so you could do it.

Honestly, people need to stop relying upon me to *maybe* do this and do that. Not everything for Indexhibit has to be on me to produce and give away for free. The work I do for Indexhibit deserves support.

This thread has been closed, thank you.