Pages on /ndxzstudio are slow to load

KArdito / 2020-08-12 08:13:43   

I've just installed indexhibit onto kevinardito.fr but pages on /ndxzstudio are really slow to load, sometimes taking up to 2 minutes just to reach the Admin page (if at all).
I sometimes get a "server unexpectedly dropped the connection" or "408 request time out". I checked my internet connection, as well as comparing to my other (older) indexhibit website which is a lot faster, can't see anything there. Loading pages on the website doesn't seem to be an issue which is why I'm confused that it would only be slow on /ndxzstudio
Wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and found a way to solve this.

Vaska A / 2020-08-12 11:56:51   

Which host are you using? What database is your site running (MariaDB or MySQL)? And the version...

Vaska A / 2020-08-12 13:10:13   

I think you should ask your host to research why the database has become slow. This has been an ongoing issue with MariaDB for some time. I am happy to research this on Indexhibits end of things, but I have never seen this before until only very recently. From the threads I have been reading on this topic - I think it can be sorted from the hosts end (configuration issues). Fingers crossed...

I don't have help, funds (to hire somebody) or time, to research this at the moment. Again people...please donate and support this project.

KArdito / 2020-08-12 22:14:43   

Hi Vaska, thank you for your response - the website is hosted on OVH and the database is running on MYSQL v.5.6. I've reached out to them but haven't yet received a response (I was waiting to get news before reporting back here...) - I will of course update if a solution is found.

Mickael / 2020-08-26 14:34:12   

Hello.
I'm experiencing the same issue with the same host with same MYSQL version. The frontoffice keeps working fine, but the backoffice has become very slow (something like 1mn between two pages). Something could have changed on the hosting side because it worked fine before summer (I haven't used the backoffice recently).
What could be the difference between FO and BO ? The database calls ? A cache issue ?
If I find out something, I'll update here.
Thanks

Mickael / 2020-08-26 14:38:55   

ps : my site hew hosted by OVH :katiakameli.com/

Mickael / 2020-08-27 13:09:35   

I tried F12 to track the requests made during the load of a page from the backoffice.
After the first GET with the url of the page, nothing happens until 1mn 1s (no sign of any transfer), and then all the elements of the page (.js, .gif, etc...) are loaded quickly in less than 1 second.
There's no failure for the load of all those elements.
This delay is always the same whatever the weight or the complexity of the page of the backoffice.
To be more presice, the delay is always 1m 580ms.
If anyone has any idea...

ps : the host OVH replied that they havn't noticed anything wrong on their server.

ps2: about my local environment, I tried and it's the same with different browsers, computers and providers.

Mickael / 2020-08-27 13:45:24   

Always 1mn 1sec... it look likes the end of a timeout somewhere :)

Vaska A / 2020-08-27 16:20:48   

I'm not sure what the issue is but something popped to mind...we can try it easily. With this update I added a thing to check our website and then it will notify you if there has been an update. I have a hunch this could be the lag? So, please open up /ndxzstudio/asset/tpl/index.php and delete line 21 with the "tpl_update_available()" function (just delete the whole line). Save it...

Does it perform faster? If not, we may have some kind of a database issue (which has been ongoing for years with Maria and I really don't know what to do right now about this).

Let me know what happens...

Mickael / 2020-08-30 18:02:38   

Hurrah ! It works :)
The backoffice is fast again. Less than 1 second per page.
This external call is perhaps blocked by OVH firewalls.
Thanks you very much Vaska.
I can do some other tests on this host if needed.

Vaska A / 2020-08-30 18:19:54   

Thank you! Your comment was SO insightful and helpful. The issue was about our api setup and something I had not properly migrated when I remade this website. Now it's resolved and I need to spend a little time reworking it later. Thankfully, it's not the database... ;)

If you read this note in the future, upgrade your Indexhibit.

This thread has been closed, thank you.