creating and updating exhibits through FTP?

oliviodare / 2020-10-05 12:27:26   

Hello,

The title say it all, I was wondering whether and how I could create exhibits and update the existing ones by changing (.txt?) files and uploading them through FTP. I cannot see within the root directory any files with the content of my site. Where is that content actually stored?

thanks

Frami / 2020-10-06 22:17:57   

Hi,

it's stored in the database to inform at the installation, to create and update exhibits, go by your web address xxxxx.xxx/ndxzstudio ?

oliviodare / 2020-10-07 20:03:42   

Thanks Frami. I know that's the normal way of updating exhibits, my question was whether it's possible to do it via FTP.

Vaska A / 2020-10-07 22:21:49   

Sure, it's possible if you want to put in that very custom work (including, parsing, display text files) - but Indexhibit fundamentally uses the database to store and display your text and images.

This is really a question of skill level - you can do anything you want with PHP, HTML and CSS (and text files), but you need to know how to do that.

If I was you, I would start by customizing an exhibit format to conditionally grab your text file(s) and go from there...

This thread has been closed, thank you.