Changing Theme

Diaph / 2009-02-27 00:05:53   

Hi there,

Regarding the fact I'm quite a beginner I would like to apologize in advance in case of my question would be obvious.. but after many search I didn't find the answer.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to have a different theme inside of the same website. Obviously I got how to change the background color of the galleries and I got how to modifiy the menu using php but I didn't get how to be able to have a changing menu.

Concretely I would simply like to have a different background menu color regarding the section I click. It is possible ? and how ?

Cheers

D.

Vaska A / 2009-02-27 00:13:12   

When you create a new section it attaches itself to an id number - you can find this by going into the Exhibits > Settings and clicking on a section to edit it - look in the browser address bar for "id=some number".

Then, in your template add this to the 'body'...it will then look like this...

1. <body id='section_id_<%section_id%>'>

Then, in your style.css file you can apply background colors like this...

1. body#section_id_1 { background-color: #0c0; }
  2. body#section_id_2 { background-color: #000; }
  3. body#section_id_3 { background-color: #f00; }

And that should do it.

Diaph / 2009-02-27 00:46:33   

Works perfectly ! Thank you so much ! :-)

Diaph / 2009-02-27 00:56:09   

Sorry just have another question regarding the topic. There is a possibility to apply the background color only for one section inside of a folder ?

Seems that even with different id it apply the same background color of all the section of a folder (Exhibition)

arsondpi / 2009-02-27 11:22:39   

...why don't you try specifying it for each exhibit?
(if I understood the question well...)

Diaph / 2009-02-27 13:05:46   

You right arsondpi thanks, but for some reasons, after I modified the style.css (with black à default color) I was not able anymore to use a white color... I probably messed with the default color.

Anyway it work with the first value after the perfect white, so it's enough for now.

Thank you !

dajinni / 2009-08-04 10:03:55   

Vaska - is there an id appying to the images in an exhibit?

For example, can I use the CSS above, replacing color with image, and refering to the 'first' image in that gallery to load as background?

Cheers!

j.

Vaska A / 2009-08-04 10:15:00   

dajinni / 2009-08-04 10:21:53   

you can see my post here: http://www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/4841/

if i wanted the bg behind the project area to be the first image, do I HAVE to upload it again, or can it automatically use the first image as bg (via the 'id')

dajinni / 2009-08-04 10:25:46   

fixed ..

sorry - just didn't want the unfinished page to be linked to)

dajinni / 2009-08-04 13:24:26   

I moved the link to 'contact info' area - this is not enough?

I saw other sites on here do this.

It does not say it has to be on the main page in the index.php or the forum rules ... ?

dajinni / 2009-08-04 13:31:49   

?

Vaska A / 2009-08-04 13:36:55   

We call it as we see it...you mean the 'contact' page that doesn't even work on your site?

I'm not on this site all day...and I'm going away now so I can focus on real work. When we can find a live link with credit to Indexhibit all will be good.

dajinni / 2009-08-04 13:38:44   

index.php
" you must provide a link to Indexhibit on your site someplace - thank you "

edit:

wierd - i see what you mean - it's gone ..

back after disabling the folding menu for contacts/admin ..

user error it seems ..

http://www.jmla.eu/index.php?/about-this-site/

dajinni / 2009-08-04 14:28:21   

OK found the problem:

The opening/collapsing menu only works well if you have the title of a section visible in the 'settings' properties for each section.

Otherwise, the first link in that section will become the title, and no longer function as a link.

Emilie / 2009-12-11 17:11:01   

Hi,

"Then, in your template add this to the 'body'...it will then look like this...
"

I am sorry to be such a neophyte, but I really don't know where to insert this.
Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Lili

Emilie / 2009-12-11 17:12:20   

Hi,

"Then, in your template add this to the 'body'.."

I am sorry to be such a neophyte, but I really don't know where to insert this. Where is the template?
Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Lili

gfditto / 2011-04-04 22:47:55   

Hi all!

I've been working to set up my site this weekend and for my last CSS addition, I'm also looking to change the background color of each section.

I was able to change the color of the menu and the body sections, but there are some areas that still remain white. Is there additional code I need to write to cover these areas too?

My site is at http://03378f9.netsolhost.com. (You can see the background colors in action when you compare the Portfolio section with the Personal section.)

I'm not well versed in code, but I've been picking up a lot as I experiment with the site.

Let me know if you can help!

Thanks in advance,
Guido

gfditto / 2011-04-05 21:31:24   

The problem happens when viewing on Safari and not on Firefox. Am I missing a code in the CSS stylesheet?

Thanks again.

blameme / 2011-04-06 02:41:39   

I guess you fixed this right?

gfditto / 2011-04-06 18:30:13   

Somehow, really randomly, things started to look okay.

Thanks for getting back!

This thread has been closed, thank you.