Centered Theme

Eikibleiki / 2010-03-20 16:23:13   

I have solved the problem I had. : )

Klara / 2010-03-22 08:18:56   

I have problems with thickbox that doesnt work, images never load when you click on them. I read something about the java-version, but I couldnt find how to fix it...anyone?

Klara / 2010-03-22 08:18:59   

double bubble

lemathieu A / 2010-03-22 08:37:32   

Not Java problem… JQuery version. Did you read the whole thread ?

Klara / 2010-03-23 08:19:00   

I did, sorry.. didn't know how to quote the message that I read about it.

I read about this jquery in this other thread aswell. It worked so to speak that it loaded but it didn't display the images in full-size. I believe that it's then the js-query-version that is wrong or somehow doesnt work... and that is what I didn't understand very well by reading the last post about it. (I didnt really get that through in my previous post though, sorry for that)

I don't know where I can find what version I'm using?

I found this jquery-1.4.2.min (that was here Webpage) but I don't know where to put it? If that would even solve it...

Klara / 2010-03-23 08:19:29   

I did, sorry.. didn't know how to quote the message that I read about it.

I read about this jquery in this other thread aswell. It worked so to speak that it loaded but it didn't display the images in full-size. I believe that it's then the js-query-version that is wrong or somehow doesnt work... and that is what I didn't understand very well by reading the last post about it. (I didnt really get that through in my previous post though, sorry for that)

I don't know where I can find what version I'm using?

I found this jquery-1.4.2.min (that was here Webpage) but I don't know where to put it? If that would even solve it...

Very thankful for all help.

lemathieu A / 2010-03-23 08:51:52   

What is your site ?

Copy the content of the jquery you grab into your file (in ndxz-studio/site/js/jquery.js)

Klara / 2010-03-23 11:32:00   

www.kristoffernilsson.se

Wonderful! Now I also learnt something new!

Thanks a lot!

Klara

Klara / 2010-03-23 13:10:55   

Ran into a new difficulty..

I made the menu horizontal with help by matthewjamestaylor.com, now the thickbox is not working at all? I don't know what went wrong, I only changed things in the index.php (tinybit) and in the style.css, both in the thecentered_theme-folder.

Any chance of fixing it without putting back the vertical menu?

Thanks,
kristoffernilsson.se

andbar / 2010-03-23 14:28:25   

Hi everybody
Thank you for indexhebit and this fantastic theme!

but I have a problem... why the separator into my site disappear after i click in a project??

http://www.satorilab.com/

Thank you for everything

Andrea

lemathieu A / 2010-03-23 14:32:29   
updating jquery plugin means that you're gonna loose thickbox as an exhibition method

it's all letters on this page.

blameme / 2010-03-23 17:35:32   

Hello peeps, If you have updated to jquery 1.4 and need thickbox you can check this thread for wobblebox, a thickbox alternative.

scottschultz / 2010-03-23 18:14:10   

Hey this theme is amazing, I love it!

1) I am wondering if there is some kind of setting to make the page not shift when a scrollbar appears on the side of the page, I would like the main logo and header etc... to stay in the exact same place whether there is a scrollbar or not.

2) I would like to have the page not drop down when the menu does but have the menu just drop over what is already there

3) Can I put a background color on the drop down menu so it is easy to read when dropped down over existing text?

thanks a lot!

scottschultz / 2010-03-23 20:00:35   

OK, I got the answer to #1 by forcing a scrollbar on every page which doesnt seem to be that big of a deal especially compared to the shifting!

Klara / 2010-03-23 20:15:49   

I was also wondering how I can make the menu go on top of the things on the main-page instead of making everything hopp? I saw that someone had solved this but not explaining how.. in case anyone knows I would be very interested!

klaranilsson.com

yoops / 2010-03-24 05:20:55   

Hi everyone, I just installed indexhibit and decided this theme was best for what I was aiming for. I can't seem to get it to work though, I followed the directions exactly and when I change to the centered them in my settings my site gives me this.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2cp592d.jpg

Klara / 2010-03-24 08:06:14   

In firefox the menu goes up, becoming double-layered, when you hover upwards is there a way to stop that? klaranilsson.com

Klara / 2010-03-24 08:08:13   

Of course I forgot in my previous post... the menu dissappears behind a slideshow, where can I make it go over it instead?

lemathieu A / 2010-03-24 08:08:34   

@ yoops : reupload the index.php from my folder

Klara / 2010-03-24 08:39:14   

lemathieu; I just did, I only took away the div-tag about the separator.. still doesnt work to have the menu on top of the slideshow. And no change in the hover-effect in FF.. or hm... what of my tiny problems should it solve?

Maybe it wasn't even meant to me.. *blush*

blameme / 2010-03-24 11:40:44   

@ Klara; make the z-index of your menu higher than that of your slideshow fx. z-index: 100;

Klara / 2010-03-24 12:02:15   

I have considered that but I prefer to have it where it is already. The menu goes nicely over images just not when they are in a slideshow..

klaranilsson.com

blameme / 2010-03-24 16:33:27   

Z-index won´t change the position of your menu, think of it like photoshop layers.

In this case the slideshow creates z-index for all the images in the slideshow, so if you have 50 images, the 50th will have a z-index of 50

1. simply add:
  2. z-index: 100;
  3. to #menu in your css and it should appear above the slideshow, unless of course you have more than 100 images in the slideshow, in which case you would have to use a higher number.
yoops / 2010-03-24 23:40:35   

Hey Klara, I was wondering how you made your logo banner and menu on the same row? Looks really nice that way, hope to hear from you soon!

Klara / 2010-03-25 11:37:10   

Blameme: Oh really? I completely missunderstood you before! I will give it a go immediatly!

Yoops: Thanks! In settings (www.thedomain.com/ndxz-studio/) you have the pre-nav and postnav I just added an url to the logo there. < img src='/files/2.jpg'/ width='*' height='100'> (without the space in the tag..)

How to put the logo there
I can see what you mean with the it "normally" not being in line... but that was all I wrote..

Klara / 2010-03-25 11:43:52   

Yey! It worked! Super!
Is there something in this that decides i can't navigate the Slideshow when a menu is down also? I was thinking it could be something with floating or padding but I didnt really get the hang of it..

Thanks a lot for the tip and explaination, really!

Klara

yoops / 2010-03-25 22:46:19   

I see Klara, I couldn't get it to work so I just made one large banner on top, thank you anyways. Btw, I removed the option where the menu doesn't expand the rest of the page when I click it but it just drops down the links. The problem I'm having now is that the links go behind the images in my gallery instead of over it so I can view it. I was wondering how to make it go over the gallery. Thanks again folks.

blameme / 2010-03-26 11:31:40   

@Klara if you use something like firebug to inspect your css, you will see that the #menu div is covering the slideshow buttons. you could maybe try giving it a fixed width or something so you can still get to the buttons.

@Yoops, read the thread before repeating questions, the answer is there, but be aware that you may not be able to access the slideshow controls without further adjustment.

pironio / 2010-03-26 15:27:24   

I read through the thread to see if the iFramed problem was solved but didn't see a solution. Am I right or did I just not see it? its seems to be something to do with the plugin getting the dimensions of the other page or something like that.

Klara / 2010-03-26 16:57:43   

@blameme; Yeah, I will take a look on this as soon as I get the website up agan at all.. seems something happened when I installed another folder with indexhibit in it.. so now I'm awaiting assistance from my webhotel..

Klara / 2010-03-30 16:11:29   

On the website of my father I wanted to make a menu that doesnt expand in one vertical line but spreads out in one underneath, is that possible in any way? www.kristoffernilsson.se

@blameme: I will now install firebug and see how it can guide me in this.

I can see that in my css I have missed some semicolons ; after some lines and I was adviced to put them there and that this could have caused the menu to behave strangely in FF. However when I have added these ; and the same thing now happens in Safari..I did install firebug to my FF but it doesn't seem to give me a hint of where the problem is, could someone point me in a direction?
www.klaranilsson.com

Klara / 2010-03-30 16:29:03   

I have now also put the Wobblebox to be able to use thickbox. However I have noticed that now the menu stays above the images that I have enlarged, is there a way around this?

Very grateful for all help!

Klara / 2010-04-01 10:12:53   

Anyone who knows how I can make the menu in a horizontal line instead of a vertical?

Klara / 2010-04-01 11:10:12   

I intend the submenu then of course.. www.kristoffernilsson.se

Klara / 2010-04-05 22:58:11   

Yoops: I realized i had changed this in the style.css...
#menu ul {
    width: 800px;
    list-style: none;
    position: relative;
    margin : -35px 0 10px 12px

I managed to get my menus horizontal..got some help on 99.se (the best mac-forum there is)

and now the menu look like this; klaranilsson.com and kristoffernilsson.se

Klara / 2010-04-05 22:59:54   

oh yeah.. the thread where i got help (in swedish) was actually this one

*blush*

martinnecas / 2010-04-14 21:22:34   

Hi! I'm having troubles extracting ZIP archive file originally posted by Mathieu. There are some : characters in archived folders and it cannot extract.
Could someone please repost the archive file with theme pack? And with folders in it not containing colons in names.
Or send it to my email: martinnecas*at*email*dot*cz
Many thanks.
Martin

lemathieu A / 2010-04-15 06:56:10   

Can't you just use another unzipper ?

1500 downloads… You're the first.
;)

martinnecas / 2010-04-15 16:01:02   

hm, ok. sure i can.

martinnecas / 2010-04-15 17:08:47   

..but it simply doesn't work. I tried 4 different extractors and none of them can open files with colons in names.
any hints how to extract it (on Windows)?
thanks.

arsondpi / 2010-04-15 18:10:58   

errr - what colons? there's no colons in the filename...

christiandelia / 2010-04-17 16:38:21   

Hi lemathieu, hi everybody

I have some problem whit the centered theme and supersized plugin for the slidshow...
my webpage :
Christian D'Elia

christiandelia / 2010-04-17 17:10:09   

Hi all,
i have another question about menu:
i desire to move the menu under the photo slideshow, and to make auto collapse when the mouse is'nt over...

njaeger / 2010-04-17 18:05:22   

Hi,

Wonderful theme!
I am very, very new to indexhibit and to CSS. I installed this theme and even when I followed all the instructions, my menus are always collapsed. How do I make sure the hiding option works???

Thank you in advance.

lemathieu A / 2010-04-18 19:29:34   

site ?

christiandelia / 2010-04-18 19:51:40   

hi lemathieu,
I have followed many thread,
you can tell what is wrong section of the menu, how do I close the first section and activate the self-closing, and move the menu under the slide show?

webpage:www.christiandelia.it

eelco005 / 2010-04-18 21:19:50   

hi lemathieu,

thank you very much for your centered theme. I've been working and customizing my site for some days now. I come very far but need some help with these two questions:

1. I can't find out how the text width gets smaller. It's now set at 800px but i want to have it at 600px while the site itself stays at 800px. So just the text. Must be somewhere in the CSS but the trial and error method brought me nothing so far. Webpage home

2. i like to have my text next to my exhibit. I found 'linkskursiv muller' for this in the forum but the menu hides behind the pictures. The content is not moving down when you click in the menu. Webpage exhibit

Thank you.

lemathieu A / 2010-04-19 07:59:34   

1/ #content p { /* sets the properties for all paragraphs in the content area */
width : 800px;

2/ in fact in ff on mac i see the text moving down, but not the images. it's in your plugin, but where… ;) does this plugin got css rules in it ?

bin / 2010-04-19 13:20:16   

lovely theme!!!
but i noticed that there is a problem if I choose the format Slider pro & slider with IE7.0, ( the format of Slider float left works fine.) I can only see the numbers on the slider, all images are missing, and I get a error message.

p.s. I hate IE..... it would be great if it can be fixed though.

picturesmusic / 2010-04-20 10:00:10   

I'm quite looking forward to playing around with this theme, but when I try to enable it in the settings of the CMS, I get a 403 error at the following url

http://picturesmusic.co.uk/ndxz-studio/?a=exhibits&q=settings

I've checked my permissions and they seem to be ok - folders at 755 and files at 644 (apart from the 777s from the installation guide) - that's correct right?

This thread has been closed, thank you.