favicon.ico

jeromejerome / 2007-04-22 15:41:19   

Hello indexhibit,

I'd like to add a favicon.ico to my site. Would any of you know how to do that? I am a bit clueless with php...

thanks,

jeromejérôme

Vaska A / 2007-04-22 17:20:25   

It's not a php thing...or an Indexhibit thing. ;)

Do a search on Google and you'll find free tools to help you get it done. Very simple, once you have the tool, to convert an image to whatever a favicon needs to be.

jeromejerome / 2007-04-22 21:20:14   

Thank you for your help Vaska! I thought I had to change something in the php code, but I don't. thank you for this great site!!! It's a great system.

kronicred / 2007-08-03 18:13:07   

I discovered that you have to provide the full path to the favicon.ico file in order for it to show up on all interior pages and not just the main page.

I was stumped by this issue for a while until I found out that the header graphics work this way and it made sense this would too.

neilaa / 2008-01-19 09:22:01   

Hello could somebody explain to me in simple terms how to upload a favicon
onto my indexhibit site, I have made the Icon and have the code but do not Know
where it needs to go.

Vaska A / 2008-01-19 17:27:47   

Just put it in the root of your site. You can add the code to your Indexhibit template in the head area...like after 'title'.

kevinspower / 2009-12-21 00:25:07   

Hi Vaska, been through a lot of these posts but still no luck with my favicon - can you see what im doing wrong if possible? im a bit stupid when dealing with technical stuff unless its extremely straight forward!.

www.kevinpower1234.co.uk

thanks,
Kevin

arsondpi / 2009-12-21 07:07:30   

...if you search for favicon in the search box there's a few posts that have step by step instructions...

kevinspower / 2009-12-21 12:40:59   

thanks arsondpi, have read all of these posts now twice! one of my problems was the fact i was using eatock template - i have now switched to sample and uploaded the favicon.ico into that folder. the problem i now have is i cannot edit the index.php file because i dont have dreamweaver or a webuilder softeware. is there another way of doing this.

i think i'm close now if i can just edit the index.php file i think we will have lift off.

sorry to be a pain and thank you.
Kevin

arsondpi / 2009-12-22 01:52:26   

just a text/code editor will do - go through the two red links in the Useful threads post...
Lots of info about editing and customising over there...
;-)

dgraham / 2010-01-09 14:16:30   

Hey guys, I am also trying to get my flavicon happenning, this is what I'm understanding so far:

1.Create your flavicon and save it as flavicon.ico

2.Upload your file through file manager

3.Get the source code you need for a browser to source the flavicon.

Do I now open index.php and paste the source code appropriately? where would i do that? if not, how would i do it correctly?

:: thank you ahead of time for your direction ::

dustingrahamdesign.com

verena / 2010-01-25 21:33:19   

Hi there,
I've been through all the favicon threads and tried everything but it still doesn't work. What I did:

uploaded flavicon.ico directly into this folder:
ndxz-studio->site->sample

changed the index.php (from the sample folder) and added:
link rel='shortcut icon' href='http://www.verenapostweiler.de/ndxz-studio/site/sample/favicon.ico' type='image/x-icon' />

It still doesnt show up. What's wrong?? Does anyone have a clue? I'm getting quite desperate..........

Thanks in advance.
V.

http://www.verenapostweiler.de/indexhibitv070e/

arsondpi / 2010-01-25 22:40:22   

you're running indexhibit in a folder called indexhibitv070e, thus you have to include it in your favicons address: http://www.verenapostweiler.de/indexhibitv070e/ndxz-studio/site/sample/favicon.ico

verena / 2010-01-26 10:22:28   

yeah, it's working!(I checked the path at least 5 times, sh...)
THANKS!

TMJO / 2013-05-02 12:47:03   

WOW. I've followed with verena and arsondpi's method then it works!!

thanks guys :)

This thread has been closed, thank you.