jquery file tree?

lordszenator / 2010-03-22 15:27:27   

Does anyone have experience successfully using the Jquery File Tree within INDEXHIBIT?

Vaska A / 2010-03-22 15:31:27   

Within "INDEXHIBIT"?

I must be go crazy because I'm finding peoples use of random all caps really strange lately.

lordszenator / 2010-03-22 15:39:58   

Pardon my all caps. I have a subconscious desire to type it that way. Its just satisfying for some reason. I will consult my therapist during our next meeting! haha.

Nonetheless, I am very keen on implementing the jquery file tree. Does anyone have experience using this with indexhibit?

thank you!!!

lordszenator / 2010-03-22 17:01:06   

Can anyone (Vaska?) verify if it is even possible to use the Jquery File Tree with indexhibit?

Vaska A / 2010-03-22 17:17:48   

I like that explanation for all caps - makes perfect sense now! ;)

Do you mean in the cms or in a template (the public part of your website)?

Of course it's possible...but...if I'm correct Jquery File Tree either uses files on a server (Indexhibit publishes virtually so it doesn't have these) or you would simply need to build the 'index' output to suite the Jquery script.

I have, in the past, done extensive testing with various Jquery file tree type scripts but I never found one that I was happy with. Maybe, these are better now?

lordszenator / 2010-03-22 19:18:46   

ha!

I mean in the the public part of the website.

The most basic kind of drop-down file tree system would be best. Would you advise me to continue trying to implement the jquery file tree by building and 'index' output like you mentioned? Or would you suggest an alternate, and perhaps better, method?

Vaska A / 2010-03-22 19:27:42   

No, it all depends upon the script and what it wants. Which one are you talking about specifically?

But, Indexhibit only has a two-level setup. The expanding script you can find around this forum already achieves pretty much all you will get out of a file tree script at this time.

lordszenator / 2010-03-22 19:31:01   

I think that answers my question. I've been chipping away at the problem of expanding menus within expanding menus for some time now. I am pretty well versed in all the discussions on this forum regarding that topic. So your confirmation of 'what is here, is what I get' helps to put my mind to rest.

thanks!

This thread has been closed, thank you.