Site hacked + Index of / issue

anaistamen / 2019-02-17 18:21:30   

Hello,

My site anaistamen.com has been "hacked". There was a stick advertisement for bitcoin appearing after few seconds on the pages (main pages and other pages).

I checked everything, did not find anything strange so in the end I upload totally again Indexhibit + I upgrade my PHP (was 5.4 and now it's 7.0).

I went trough A LOT of painful errors and now, after a day of working on those errors (like internal error 500 due to .htaccess) I am now facing the Index of / issue...

So I tried again some change on the .htaccess file and I am back on the Internal Servor 500 message.

I am now lost and tired.... :(

I have followed the tutorials.
I got all the files from Github.
My server is OVH and does have mod_rewrite on

I use Indexhibit for 6 years no and I am generally super happy and grateful for it and for the work of Vaska and his team.

If you have any clue of what I could do, let me know.

anaistamen / 2019-02-17 18:22:04   

* "sticky" advertisement

Vaska A / 2019-02-17 18:35:40   

The error you are getting now is likely caused due to a lack of database connection - you need to update the /ndxzsite/config/config.php with your connection info.

anaistamen / 2019-02-17 18:42:35   

what is the .gitignore file for?

anaistamen / 2019-02-18 09:39:46   

Thank you for your answer Vaska. This file /ndxzsite/config/config.php is updates already. I even changed my database pw....

Would you have any other idea?...

anaistamen / 2019-02-18 09:50:29   

actually, my config.php in the root file was not filled with my connection info. So I filled that but it does not change anything

anaistamen / 2019-02-18 10:05:49   

oops, I understood that there should be no config.php at that place so I delete it.

I also change the end line of /ndxzsite/config/config.php because I don't know what it was the old version :
if (!defined('PX')) { define('PX', 'ndxzbt1_'); }
instead of define('PX', 'ndxz_');

could the problem be linked with permission on files?

anaistamen / 2019-02-19 18:32:06   

so I am still lost and I would LOVE to get some help. I am sorry I cannot afford to pay for professional help so I am hoping on sharing good practices.

I tried to put back my old files. No change. Still Error 500.
My host says that it comes from my side, not their. So what to do now?

anaistamen / 2019-02-21 15:10:26   

so, I re-upload my old ndxzsite and the new version of ndxzstudio from Git Hub + htaccess + index.php but not .gitignore
and, I did not change the name of htacess to .htaccess

The good news is that I can log in and access the interface.
The bad news is that my website still show Error 500

I would like to know what .gitgnore is for if if says that we should ignore the rules of the htaccess file? Maybe I open another tread for that? Does anyone know? Vasca?

Any support is welcome :)

This thread has been closed, thank you.