Can someone explain Tags

cnitsch / 2020-05-28 20:54:23   

Hi
Can someone explain how Tags work in indexhibit?
I can't get them to work, nor do I understand the structure of how to implement them, without some sort of tutorial. I know the question has been asked before and the response is that it has been discussed in the forum. I've done exhaustive searches and find nothing that explains them.
Here are some items I'm trying to understand.

1. You have to enable tagging in the settings. I understand this and have done this.
2. When creating a section, you have the option to change the "section organization" to DEFAULT, CHRONOLOGICAL, or TAGS. What do these options control?
3. Within the section you have the option to change "Section Object" to EXHIBITS, XML, or TAG. What does this do?

I have created a section, selected Tags as "Selection Organization" and I want my tags to appear under that collapsed menu section.
The tag shows up, but when I click on it, the thumbnails that I've tagged do not show and it just loads the home page. It's clear it's not working properly.
I've reuploaded the ndxzstudio folder and that doesn't fix it either.

Also, when I go into the tags tab in the admin panel and click on the tag, it counts the images I've tagged, but when I click on it it doesn't show any images. If I click on the option to "show untagged", it will show me all images on my site, but it won't actually show my tagged items.

This is the site I'm working on.
carolinanitsch.com

Vaska A / 2020-05-29 05:17:44   

They don't work right now. They were an experiment and I announced that when I released them. Nobody ever uses them...so I never looked at them again or made tools for them.

I rewrote the tagging system this week for a future update - now they work and make sense. People will probably still not use them.

This thread has been closed, thank you.